Concrete Finisher - Colorado
Millstone Weber, LLC.
Millstone Weber operates in nearly every sector of the heavy civil transportation construction industry, giving us the opportunity to build long-lasting quality relationships we re proud to be a part of.
Our strong employee retention rate speaks to both the growth opportunities we provide and the core values we constantly work towards:
People, Quality, Innovation, & Continuous Improvement
At Millstone Weber we believe that we make a difference. It s what sets us apart. As exceptional builders, we improve lives and give back to the communities we work in.
The Cement Mason will smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. The Cement Mason will also align forms for sidewalks, curbs, patch voids, etc. The Cement Mason may also use saws to cut expansion Joints.
Duties and responsibilities
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed. Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
- Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
- Wet concrete surface, and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
- Fabricate concrete beams, columns, and panels.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish.
- Build wooden molds, and clamp molds around area to be repaired, using hand tools.
- Cut metal division strips, and press them into terrazzo base so that top edges form desired design or pattern.
- Push roller over surface to embed chips in surface.
- Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machine.
- General: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience: This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Bridge Carpenter. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Safety support and planning work with Health and Safety Personnel.
- Assist in plan & specification writing and interpretation.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver s license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Work is often performed at heights up to 80 feet, requiring the employee to climb ladders, scaffolds and stair towers, often with narrow steps and passageways.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds personally, and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of being certified to enter confined spaces, including climbing into and out of excavations, using ladders.
- Sufficient skill and visual acuity, under varying degrees of light, darkness, and weather conditions, to provide direction and flagging for operators of cranes with rated capacities of up to 500 tons.
- Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
- Ability to maintain balance while working on water craft or other surfaces
Base Compensation: $24.00/hr -$32.00/hr
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our variable hour staff employees a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, employee assistance programs, voluntary life/AD&D insurance, 401k, ESOP and generous paid time off.