What we are looking for
SCS Engineers is looking for a Project Engineer or Scientist to be hybrid in the West Des Moines office. You will be expected to provide final draft reports and/or engineering design documents to the Project Manager or Project Director for deliverables for private and municipal clients. You will serve as a delegated Project Lead on one or more projects. The projects will be focus on solid waste and/or environmental services.
How you can make an impact
- Coordinate and manage field work for multiple projects.
- Lead, mentor, and possibly manage junior level staff.
- Delegate portions of project deliverables to junior staff for completion.
- Record data during field work, which could include, but not limited to: soil characteristics, lithology, groundwater or surface water data, photographs, or summaries of visual observations through photograph and written field logs in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate and interpret data recorded during field work for reporting purposes and to determine future project needs with or without guidance from the Project Manager.
- Complete engineering calculations, including the use of applicable modeling programs as needed.
- Coordinate and review drawing/ plan set preparation.
- Conduct and document construction quality assurance observations to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Communicate with clients for field work coordination, project updates, reporting, design document status, permitting status, and meetings.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for client project and manage budgets, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and scheduling for client projects.
- Write and prepare reports such as proposals, Phase I, Phase II, Soil Management Plan, Dust Control Plan, environmental site assessment, emission, groundwater, and compliance reporting.
- Lead applicable permit processing/regulatory agency coordination efforts.
- Complete quality control reviews on all work product (reports, design plans, design calculations, including applicable modeling, data, HASP, etc.) prior to submission.
- Review technical documents to ensure completeness and conformance to requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Science required.
- Engineering or Geology degree, Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Professional Geologist (P.G.) preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License with a driving record in good standing required.
Whether it's reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, we've been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy.
As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a comprehensive package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 100% employer funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K including employer match
- Annual Bonus Program
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected]