Chewy is looking for a Sourcing Manager to join our Chewy Private Brands Team. This position will be a key contributor to the development and implementation of a sourcing strategy for Private Brands pet food, treats, and litter categories as aligned with Chewy’s strategic growth and sustainability initiatives by supporting the Associate Director of Private Brands - Consumables. Responsible for driving improved inventory positions, supplier management, attainment of cost goals, inventory goals, and improving supply chain efficiency and quality of suppliers supporting the Proprietary Brands business across consumables (e.g., food, treats, chews, kitty litter, etc.).
What You’ll Do:
- Dig deep into the data to look for opportunities to optimize production while keeping SKU’s in stock.
- Manage suppliers to deliver the highest quality, most sustainable materials at the lowest cost
- Negotiate Production MOQ’s and Order MOQ’s and ensure delivery of materials to our FC’s
- Own strategic supplier relationships in the region, handling the day-to-day communications, future planning and forecasting, and contract negotiations
- Develop supplier KPI scorecards and reporting cadence with internal and external stakeholders through regular MBR with vendors
- Reduce excess inventory and implement strategies at scale that reduce Chewy liability and write-offs
- Ensure supply chain security and contingency plans to secure business needs based on growth strategy
- Leverage functional expertise to assist in the development of standardized templates, processes, and analytics for deployment across the function to enhance overall performance
- Work closely with the Co-manufacturers and internal cross functional teams to optimize the graphics process/timeline
- Work closely with Supply Chain/Finance on price lists, annual budgeting and market index cost
- Travel domestically and internationally to work with suppliers. Attends industry trade shows to identify and report on new product opportunities
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in Supply Chain, Economics, Engineering, management or business administration.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sourcing/supply chain
- Ability to convey communications clearly, concisely, and timely
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to demonstrate proven results in negotiation
- Ability to navigate the unknown with ease
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Adaptive to change and flexible in ways of working
- Self-starter with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability and willingness to travel 30%
Compensation & Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $71,500-$135,500. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k and a new hire and annual equity grant.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue PTO and UTO while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO. Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
Bonus (if applicable):
- Previous experience with pet consumable goods.
- If you’re a pet parent!
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].