Director of Human Resources
Children's Learning Centers of Fairfield County
Children's Learning Centers is currently seeking a Human Resource Director to serve all CLC's eight locations throughout the City of Stamford. The Human Resource Director is responsible for the overall coordination of the human resource functions including recruiting and staffing, labor and employee relations, compensation, benefits and all other functions defined under Human Resources within both a union and non-union, nonprofit environment
The qualified candidate will serve as counsel to the Senior Management Team on labor relations, procedures, and practices, as well as advise on organizational, team, and individual performances, while acting as the primary liaison/contact to its Union
- Supervise all human resource related operations.
- Develop organization plans for policies and procedures including compensation, benefits, health, and safety of all employees.
- Manage CLC's labor relations program including contract negations.
- Manage the benefit program offered to employees as well as the relations with its vendors and their representatives.
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks.
- Monitor compliance with internal policies and legal standards.
- Demonstrate effective people skills, communication, and sensitivity to diversity.
- Collaborate with department heads and the executive team in hiring, screening, and interviewing.
- Provide guidance on workplace conflicts and resolutions as well as conduct workplace investigations.
- Coordinate and optimize appropriate staff training throughout the workplace.
- 7 to 10 years as HR Generalist in fast paced, multi-unit, multi-site, unionized environment.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Experience in small HR department.
- Experience as the lead in a labor/union intensive environment.
- Must possess excellent leadership, organizational, strategic, and collaboration skills.
- Superior interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with ability to prioritize in an organizational setting.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills paired with high attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Not for Profit and/or Social Service experience a plus
Nice To Haves
- Masters Degree
- Non-Profit experience
As an employee of Childcare Learning Centers you will enjoy a creative work environment with competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k), generous vacation, sick time, and personal time, major Federal Holidays including the week of Christmas, weather related closings, Employee Assistance Program, and more
Established in 1902, Childcare Learning Centers (CLC) is the second largest not-for-profit provider of Early Childhood Education in the State of Connecticut. CLC's vision is to enrich the community as the leader in early childhood development by providing comprehensive, high quality early childhood education and care programs for all families. Nearly a thousand children are served though its Early Head Start, Head Start, Child Development, and School Readiness programs throughout Stamford, CT. To learn more about Childcare Learning Centers please visit our website: http://www.clcfc.org
EOE committed to diversity in the workplace.