MANDATES COMPLIANCE MONITOR
Illinois State Board of Education
POSITION:Mandates Compliance Monitor (Principal Consultant #1848)
LOCATION:Springfield or Chicago
ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY RANGE:$55,251 - $69,821
FULL SALARY RANGE:$55,521 - $94,029
OFFICE HOURS:Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
POSTED DATE:January 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE:Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Legal Officer, coordinates and performs the tracking of state and federal mandates by working collaboratively with the Legislative Affairs department and Agency staff to monitor compliance as outlined by state, federal, and other relevant mandates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains mandates dashboard.
- Develops and maintains mandate tracking system.
- Develops monitoring procedures, in accordance with legislative requirements, policies and procedures.
- Monitors mandate compliance for new and existing mandates.
- Performs regular checks of dashboard for outstanding compliance.
- Works collaboratively with Agency staff and management in reviewing and understanding the requirements outlined by the mandate, assuring the Agency’s compliance with the requirements of the mandate, and identifying and understanding any necessary changes to the mandate.
- Compiles and writes detailed documentation of monitoring work performed, including conclusions, findings and recommendations.
- Collaborates with management to ensure corrective action to compliance findings are implemented appropriately and timely.
- Prepares for and participates in meetings held with Agency staff to discuss monitoring processes and findings.
- Prepares and submits progress reports to Agency staff, management, and the State Board.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Demonstrated experience with interpreting and implementing mandates or laws.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on performance and compliance.
- Knowledge of government mandates and processes.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative approach.
- Ability to create, organize, and maintain detailed, accurate, and complete records.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong reconciliation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Management, or Legal Studies.
- Experience in project management.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.