Principal Program Manager - Legal Affairs
Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
The Legal Operations team is looking for a transformative leader to deliver strategic projects for T-Mobile’s fast-paced Legal Department. As a Principal Program Manager, this individual contributor will facilitate cross-functional efforts to drive operational improvements, supplier management programs, and tool implementations. We’re searching for a master communicator and collaborator, who’s able to lead big projects with major impact while tracking a myriad of project details.
At T-Mobile, we strongly encourage everyone, including people of color, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, and parents to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests
T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self-starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBTQ employee by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row. A designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index, our diversity across gender, race and ideas drives us forward
What you’ll do in your role.
- Dive deep to understand Legal department needs, Legal and business processes, and enterprise tools and capabilities. Utilize that knowledge to achieve strategic, transformational outcomes for Legal. Develop a wide network of collaborators within Legal and across the company. Stay adaptable to enterprise and Legal department changes, keeping track of new procedures, stakeholders, and/or approvals needed to propel Legal programs forward.
- Own and drive legal cost management programs, including supplier RFP cycles and supplier engagement. Develop strategic programs to ensure T-Mobile engages top-notch legal expertise at the best prices. Develop and implement strategies to leverage tools, automation, and Alternative Legal Service Providers (ASLPs) to manage department work.
- For in-flight Legal projects and programs, work with Legal leaders to develop strategic outcomes, success measures, and end-to-end execution plans; liaise between Legal staff and technical developers to draft requirements for automation and workflow improvements; collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to drive the projects forward.
- For launched programs, create procedures and ongoing KPIs to continuously measure our operational model against department goals; analyze KPIs, financials and process flows to target and prioritize areas for improvement. Conduct due diligence into root causes, design new projects as needed achieve the improvements you’ve surfaced.
The experience you’ll bring.
- 7-10 years of experience developing and implementing large-scale, transformational projects and programs. Experience building detailed work-back and project plans, communicating project status, and drafting requirements. Full understanding of technical development workflows in order to liaise with technical teams.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Able to confidently present across all levels and departments, including the ability to distill the complex to the simple within your presentations and to influence leaders to take action.
- Deep knowledge of corporate enterprise operations, and a proven track record of building a network across departments. Strong organizational awareness capabilities, and the ability to apply that knowledge to accelerate initiatives.
- Experience with Legal departments is helpful, but a growth mindset and natural curiosity is essential. In this role, you will need to quickly learn Legal processes particular to T-Mobile and will be exposed to substantive Legal issues.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Washington Pay Range : $127,700.00 - $172,800.00
The pay range above is the general base pay range for a successful candidate in the state listed. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range. At T-Mobile, employees in regular, non-temporary roles are eligible for an annual bonus or periodic sales incentive or bonus, based on their role. Most Corporate employees are eligible for a year-end bonus based on company and/or individual performance and which is set at a percentage of the employee’s eligible earnings in the prior year. Certain positions in Customer Care are eligible for monthly bonuses based on individual and/or team performance, while Retail and Business Sales roles are eligible for monthly or quarterly sales incentives. And since we are ALL owners, EVERY employee at T-Mobile is eligible for an Annual Stock Grant. For information about T-Mobile’s amazing benefits, check out https://careers.t-mobile.com/culture-and-benefits/
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.