Metrology Laboratory Technician
The Metrology Technician will be responsible for routine scheduled and unscheduled qualifications, calibration, preventative maintenance, and repair tasks in support of typical analytical and process instrumentation used in the laboratory.
- Responsible for routine installation and qualification of new equipment, instrumentation, and controlling software according to standard operating procedures, as appropriate.
- Assists senior level staff to identify new equipment needs and coordinate procurement efforts to align with SOP's.
- Partners with senior level staff to support analytical instrumentation validation.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on analytical instruments and/or coordinate necessary maintenance with external vendors while keeping accurate records in accordance with pertinent documentation standard in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Performs routine calibration and/or verification of validated instrumentation according to SOP requirements, inclusive of appropriate documentation.
- Partners cross functionally to troubleshoot equipment and instrumentation.
- Efficiently and correctly repairs and/or coordinates repair of disabled analytical instruments and laboratory equipment to insure minimal downtime.
- Works collaboratively with external vendors and internal IT to validate instrument software
- Supports Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs for new analytical instruments and laboratory equipment while maintaining and updating existing PM programs, inclusive of risk assessment and gap analysis.
- Participates in business continuity preparation and support.
- Maintains SOP for instrumentation/metrology.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of instruments, consumables, and spare parts.
- Works closely with Supply Chain to ensure inventory records and database are kept up to date.
- Acts as liaison with outside contractors and vendors for equipment repairs or contract maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to equipment monitoring systems, such as environmental or generator alerts.
- Coordinates after-hours coverage of all systems to ensure effective emergency response.
- Provides documentation upon request for audit support.
- Responsible for training new employees on standard equipment usage.
- May provide support to remote facilities on preventative maintenance and/or repair of analytical instruments via telephone. May be required to visit remote facilities on an occasional basis to provide support.
- Performs work in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for process improvement, supporting six sigma, quality, and safety initiatives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hands-on experience in operating basic lab measuring and test equipment.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office, Word with an emphasis on Excel required.
- Ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and resolve process issues.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, clients, and vendors.
- Applicable certifications and licenses as required by local regulations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 6 months experience in a laboratory environment.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status