Warehouse Order Selector (Picker)- Earn Up To $24.60
Date: 1 day ago
City: Pompano Beach, FL
Salary: $21 - $21 / hour
Contract type: Full time
- First Annual Salary Potiential: $60,000+
- Full-Time Position
- Starting Pay: $21.30 Per Hour | $24.60 Per Hour, After 6 Months (Paid Weekly)
- Shift Diffrienitial: 2nd Shift- $0.50 Per Hour | 3rd Shift- $0.75 Per Hour
- Schedule: 2nd Shift- 4 PM-Midnight | 3rd Shift: Midnight-7:30 AM (Must be able to work both rotating shifts)
- Shift Bid Opportunities: Select the schedule that works best for you (Every 6 Months!)
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(k) (With Employer Match)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Growth/Career Advancement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus: $1,000
- Average Hours Weekly: 40-50 Hours
- Shifts: 5 Days/8 Hour Shifts- (Required Over Time)
- Incentives: Performance/Production Based
- Must be able to work in all areas, Dry Dock | Cooler | Freezer (Rotates Per Shift)
- We also provide all uniforms
- Electric Pallet Jack Experience (Ride-on) Preferred
Join Martin Brower - one of the best kept secrets in food-service distribution! We service one of the most recognized brands in the world and we need hardworking, dependable, passionate people to join our team. We pride ourselves in the work that we do every day and are committed to making our team members feel valued and part of the family.
Are you someone who loves working in a fast-paced environment? Are you competitive? Do you enjoy being physically active at work? Then this is the role for you!
The Warehouse Team Member performs a variety of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming product, picking, and filling orders from stock, stacking, and wrapping product and/or building pallets. Warehouse Team Members are active throughout their day working independently using a voice-controlled system to select full-case dry, cool, or frozen products in a multi-temperature foodservice warehouse environment using powered material handling equipment
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Safely and accurately select customer orders. Build and wrap pallets to meet weekly standards for productivity and accuracy.
- Hand stack cases of product weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively from floor to over-head
- Shrink wrap orders with label and move completed order to the loading dock area using electronic pallet jack or walkie-rider equipment.
- Move products from racks to pallets directed by order selecting software and equipment.
- Validate that correct product has been selected and is damage free.
- Accurately receive inbound products and replenish inventory as needed.
- Perform pre-shift equipment checks and safely operate material handling equipment (pallet jack/forklift)
- Perform basic sanitation duties to maintain a clean and safe environment; clear aisles of debris, stacks empty pallets from slots in aisle and return pallet jacks to charging area.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 18 Years of age.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime as required.
- This position must pass a post offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 6 months of related experience in high endurance or highly physical activity or role preferred e.g. lifting/transferring patients, sports/fitness, farming, construction work, landscaping, etc.
- Foodservice distribution a plus
- Experience operating MHE (Material Handling Equipment)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently bend, stoop, crouch, reach, stand and walk on feet for shifts ranging from 8-10 hours.
- Frequently lift and/or move cases. Repetitive lifting including bulk cases averaging 20lbs and weighing up to 80 lbs
- Must be comfortable working in a multi-temperature environment ranging from -10 degrees to over 100 degrees required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.