What we are looking for
SCS Engineers is looking for a Project Manager to be hybrid in the West Des Moines Office. The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of one or multiple projects through completion. You will work closely with upper management to ensure that the scope and direction of each project are suitable for the Client’s needs and that the project is on schedule and on budget. You will exercise independent judgement and be able to complete tasks and projects with little to minimal direction from management. You will also be involved in training and guiding the project team on environmental services and/or solid waste projects.
How you can make an impact
- Ensure that all projects are designed and delivered with the purpose of meeting the Client’s business objectives.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop project scopes, objectives, and budgets involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and alignment with business strategy.
- Lead or have an active role in client prospecting and developing and executing client plans, sales plans, and key opportunity plans.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects and ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Ensure that the quality of each deliverable meets the SCS standards set forth.
- Assist in the development of strategies to solve technical challenges and provide highly skilled technical solutions.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Review invoices, accounts receivable, legal documents, and finances for accuracy and project profitability.
- Oversee risk management, quality assurance, and health and safety for all of their projects.
- Oversee evaluation and interpretation of data recorded during field work for reporting purposes and to determine future project needs.
- Develop proposals by interacting with clients to understand their business objectives, and to deliver solutions that meet the client’s technical needs and requirements.
- Review designs, drawings, calculations, and permit documents for final submittal to the client or applicable agencies.
- Oversee, manage, and develop staff to advance their knowledge and career path.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Science required.
- For Project Managers with an Engineering or Geology degree, Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Professional (P.G.) is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience required.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with a driving record in good standing required.
Whether it's reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, we've been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy.
As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a comprehensive package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 100% employer funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K including employer match
- Annual Bonus Program
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected]