Member Service Representative
ABNB Federal Credit Union
- Employee Benefits (401k plans and match opportunities / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Member Service Representatives assist members and prospective members with all area of their Credit Union needs. Efficiently and independently processes financial transactions, explains services, sets up new accounts, respond to problems, and directs members to the appropriate person(s)/department. Ensuring the sales, service, and operational functions assigned are being performed efficiently and within guidelines. Support and assist members through all communication channels to include in branch, incoming and outbound calls, message center and by email.
- Presents and explains Credit Union products and services to members and potential members; assists them in identifying credit union products to meet their financial needs.
- Performs routine member transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, check cashing, cashier’s checks, Visa gift cards, reloadable travel cards, and issues debit cards.
- Opens and closes all types of accounts and perform file maintenance as needed; ensure collection of all required signatures and documents.
- Answers questions and assist in the resolution of problems by effectively listening and asking questions to understand problems, and identify solutions
- Maintains a professional and courteous attitude with everyone including co-workers, members, management, board members, and outside vendors.
- Supports other branch locations and the Member Service Center as needed.
- Follows safety and security rules and regulations; helps to maintain the condition and appearance of the branch.
- Participates in all training and continuing education classes as approved/recommended by supervisors, including online training classes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Full time position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of similar or related experience
- Must be able to operate a PC and related software programs with average speed and accuracy
- Possess time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Sharepoint is desired.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a computer for extended periods of time and able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with members and employees in person, through electronic communication, and over the phone.
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your resume. No phone calls please.