Firebird AST is seeking a Forensic Accountant to support a U.S. Government client. Experience in law enforcement, financial fraud, and money laundering is required. This is for a pending contract. Contract award is anticipated to be in late 2022/early 2023.
- Interpret financial information.
- Perform analytical tasks and have a keen attention to detail.
- Develop a proper approach when performing analysis.
- Perform multiple, complex, accounting tasks involving analyses of various accounting functions such as disbursement requests, cashier receipts, reconciliations, etc.
- Solve complex problems independently by following accounting procedures.
- 8 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of procedures and techniques as generally prescribed under American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) disciplines.
- Solve complex problems independently by following accounting procedures and have experience in evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Knowledge of current and anticipated banking anti-money laundering regulations and practices.
- Auditing experience.
- Experience conducting analysis of complex financial and business records to support Federal investigations and prosecutions by using criminal investigative tools and other client-owned databases such as:
- Demonstrate applied knowledge to the enforcement of Title 18, Title 31 and other applicable statutes of the Federal Criminal Code, and the seizure and forfeiture of illegally derived property.
- Be available to serve as a Factual Witness.
- Certified Fraud Examiner Certification.
- Foreign language.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, reports, policy, legal documents, etc.
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations to company management and customer(s).
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strategic and innovative thinker, and passion for the mission.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Active DoD Secret (Top Secret preferred).
About Firebird AST:
Firebird AST is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) based in Northern Virginia and a market-recognized leader within the IC, Department of Defense, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement. We maintain a corporate culture deeply rooted in the US Military core values that gave us our start - honor, integrity, commitment, and selfless service. For this reason, our customers' needs and missions always comes first. We seek hard working, highly experienced, extremely motivated, professionally proven subject matter experts, trainers, leaders, innovators, and technical experts to serve on our team. Firebird AST has a firm understanding that our employees are our greatest asset and that, accordingly, they are to be provided the greatest level of respect and care possible.
Firebird AST is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.