Showroom Sales Associate
Watkins Concrete Block Company
Watkins Concrete Block Company, an affiliated NEBCO Company, provides building materials to the construction industry. Watkins manufactures concrete block and retaining wall in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors in our automated block plant. Watkins also provides brick, stone, and other concrete-related building materials to the residential and commercial markets.
The secret to a business longevity is really no secret at all: produce top-quality product, offer unparalleled customer service and evolve with changing times. Watkins continues to put these concepts into practice, and as a result, Watkins has provided Omaha s commercial and residential builders with building supplies for over 80 years. For more information about Watkins, visit www.watkinsconcreteblock.com.
NEBCO s story has been one of longevity, diversity and continued growth. NEBCO is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated business, with more than 1,100 employees spanning 50 locations across Nebraska. Since 1908 NEBCO has grown to become one of Nebraska s most diversified and successful privately-owned businesses. For more information about NEBCO, Inc., visit www.nebcoinc.com.
Assist clients in the selection of products, estimating quantities needed, and advising them on best practices for installation while developing customer relationships through exceptional service. This position requires some seasonal Saturday hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Abide by Company Safety Program and Policies, while performing duties safely.
Provide exceptional customer service by following company sales strategy and demonstrating company values to customers and co-workers.
Assist customers with product selections, estimates and purchases.
Develop a working knowledge of products and installation practices.
Answer customer inquiries regarding general product information and pricing.
Assure follow up on orders, coordinate shipping and complete appropriate support documentation.
Develop a working knowledge of internal systems and processes.
Ensure accurate cash handling and order entry.
Maintain displays and literature on showroom floor. Ensure pricing and information is accurate and current.
Responsible for showroom cleanliness and organization.
Assist outside sales staff as needed.
Abide by company policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Education
- High School education or equivalent GED. One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have previous demonstrated customer service experience.
- Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to compute square footage, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Capability of learning Lawson software. Previous Lawson experience helpful but not necessary.
- 10 key calculator skills.
- Must be flexible in work assignments.
- Must have an ability to research information and produce reports for the customer.
- Must have good attention to detail capabilities and be customer oriented.
- Follows through on requests and assignments.
- Must maintain a good attendance record due to the support role of this position.
- Retirement Plans
- PAID Holidays
- Insurance Benefits
- Wellness Program - with the opportunity to earn five additional days off
- PAID Time Off
- On the Job Training
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; squat; bend; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or move color sample panels and coordinate color schemes.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Dress code is business/casual.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a non-smoking office environment.
The expanded work schedule follows construction cycles, typically March through November.
There are scheduled Saturday hours that are required during construction season.
Off season schedule is the standard work week.
Condition of Employment
Candidate is required to meet the above qualifications, task frequency and PPE requirements. Approval of pre-employment reference & background checks, and post offer drug/alcohol testing with back screens (if required) are required as conditions of employment.