Springfield Christian School
Under the leadership of the SCS Cafeteria Director, Kitchen Assistants serves in the SCS Lunch Program. This person assists with preparation and serving of food at school lunches and other school-related events, completing paperwork (i.e., lunch counts), kitchen equipment operation and clean up, and maintaining and stocking of food and supplies. This person shall reflect the purpose of the school, which is to equip students to follow Christ and impact the world for Him. SCS staff members live out a compelling relationship with Jesus Christ, which is central to daily instruction and interactions with students, parents, and team members. The SCS Kitchen Assistants must love Christ, children, and preparing food for people!
SCS Kitchen Assistants will:
- Evidence a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a passion for connecting students with Christ and His mission
- Be able to lead others and their self to be emotionally and spiritually healthy
- Achieve and maintain food handler safety certification Have prior experience working with children (preferred)
- Hold an associate’s degree or higher in a specific area (food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, culinary arts, business, or a related field) OR relevant experience in a school nutrition program or related area of foodservice (preferred)
Employment Diversity at Springfield Christian School:
Springfield Christian School affirmatively commits to recruiting and hiring of men and women who reflect diversity at all levels of the school. We believe that:
- God has redeemed for Himself, through the blood of His Son, people “from every tribe and language and people and nation” (Revelation 5:9);
- the gospel of Jesus Christ is good news to the poor, the brokenhearted, the captives, the blind, and the oppressed (Luke 4:18, NKJV); and
- unity in diversity is rooted in the character and nature of God and is a creational norm (Genesis 10-11).
The employment of staff at Springfield Christian School is clearly one of the most significant responsibilities of its leadership. To achieve our mission we engage in work that is strategically implemented by men and women whom we believe God has called to serve in the educational programs and services of the school. Therefore we will pursue people for employment who:
- are committed followers of Christ,
- reflect a lifestyle consistent with a Biblically integrated perspective as a Christian role model, and
- have the skills and professional qualifications to effectively carry out the responsibilities of the given position.
Springfield Christian School invites anyone meeting these criteria to apply for an open position for which they qualify.
The Application Process:
We believe the greatest asset we have in advancing our mission is our people. Therefore, we seek to fill all positions at SCS with exceptional individuals. Our process can be lengthy and time-consuming. Stage 1 of our process is an application where we consider an applicant’s training and experience, qualifications, resume, interest, and some responses to questions to determine if we believe a potential match exists. We’ve established this stage so that prospective applicants can come from a pool of individuals we believe have the greatest chance of matching our needs.
Springfield Christian School is a Christian community that exists to exercise and express our Christian beliefs and Christian mission. So, we believe it is extremely important that we deeply explore all applicants’ beliefs and actions relative to faith, character, morals, conduct and the means and ways in which a prospective employee will potentially interact with students. The examination of all potential employees may include screening, essay responses, educational experience, references, personal interview and interactions with our staff on our campus or otherwise. We may also review other information about a candidate they have made public.
We believe working at SCS is a fulfilling calling for the right people and we are truly excited to get to know you and discern a potential fit for our needs. Please understand that we seek to be as diligent and efficient as possible, and the volume of interest we often receive necessitates that much of our communication with you will be electronic. The additional volume of interest may also necessitate that our communication with you may take some additional time.
By continuing, you understand the process as described above and you agree and consent to be examined as to your Christian beliefs and your fit within our Christian mission.
Interested candidates should complete the applicable application and return it to the SCS Office. You may submit your application via email to [email protected], send it by mail, or drop off the application to the school (2850 Cider Mill Lane, Springfield IL 62702).