Technology Support Specialist
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
The Technology Support Specialist is a Tier 2 technical role that is a professional with accountability responsible for end-user and desktop support for Pacers Sports and Entertainment. The core responsibilities include serving as the initial point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance through the help desk, performing in-person and remote troubleshooting, onboard and offboard employee process, monitor hardware inventory count, and assisting the Technology team with various technical projects. The right individual will have good technical knowledge and must be able to communicate effectively to best understand problems and efficiently explain solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a main point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance through the helpdesk.
- Onboard and offboard employees.
- Map networked printers.
- Troubleshoot and mitigate technology issues as they arise in a quick and efficient manner.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Create and maintain troubleshooting guides for commonly occurring issues.
- Maintain and manage hardware inventory.
- Follow up and update statuses of outstanding tickets.
- Provide some MAC support.
- Provide hands-on technical support for PSE employees and potentially other stakeholders.
- As a front line highly visible employee this position will require an individual who is highly customer service focused and able to model values of ELEVATE program based on Disney Management principals.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is an Information Technology role, and to that end, this role must have general technical skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in technology and/or equivalent industry experience. In addition, this position requires:
- Proven ability to work within a team as well as individually
- High level knowledge of Windows and MAC
- Familiar supporting a hybrid work environment
- Demonstrable expert level understanding of the Microsoft Office 365 productivity tools, including, but not limited to Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for technology and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to multitask and handle completing priorities and tasks effectively
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including events and some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and under tight timelines or deadlines
- Must have experience in troubleshooting both Windows and MACs.
- Must have knowledge of reimaging laptops.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach to install computers and peripherals around desks and in other tight spaces.
- Lift and install equipment, including computers and peripherals.
- Use telephone
- Use computer
- Speak, hear and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.