Full Time, Special Education Pk-8 Learning Support
The School District Of Philadelphia
A teacher in the School District of Philadelphia plans and teaches their subject area, following the scope and sequence for all courses; provides instruction to students in a variety of planned courses; provides the use of real life applications and simulations to instruct students in the analysis and interpretation of material being presented; instructs the use of tools, materials, processes and applications of technology, including pertinent software applications, in the development of lessons; and uses formal and informal classroom and district assessments.
- Assesses the skill level of students and aligns classroom goals and activities to established state and local standards.
- Provides instruction in respective subject area.
- Provides students with instruction emphasizing real life applications and simulations.
- Teaches inquiry techniques that encourage experimentation and alternative approaches to problem solving.
- Provides technical expertise in the use of tools, materials, processes and applications of technology, including pertinent software applications.
- Provides students with learning experiences requiring them to demonstrate comprehension of concepts and the ability to use technological resources in developing solutions to problems.
- Provides instruction that encourages students to use learned skills as tools for inquiry-based learning.
- Creates a classroom environment in which students have access to subject-related materials that address their needs and interests.
- Collaborates with staff members within and across disciplines to integrate subject-specific skills across the curriculum.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments and improvements in education as it affects the instructional program; attends faculty meetings to discuss school problems and teaching methods.
- Maintains classroom discipline.
- Maintains attendance, grade and other required records.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate in respective grade level, and endorsements in respective subject area. OR
Presentation of an original, signed letter from the Certification Officer of an accredited college or university verifying current enrollment in an approved certification program in order to be eligible for an Emergency Permit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the principles, practices and methods of grade level education.
- subject-specific expertise.
- the contents, materials, methodologies and practices utilized within education at the respective grade level.
- critical thinking methodologies and problem solving techniques.
- the theories and principles of child growth and development.
- state standards and performance levels.
- the use and application of technological innovations, including pertinent software, in the development of solutions to learning problems.
- authentic performance assessment principles.
Demonstrated ability to:
- assess students' needs and learning styles and to design appropriate differentiated instruction to meet their needs.
- use and apply simulations and technological innovations in the classroom in pursuit of instructional strategies.
- facilitate inquiry-based learning as well as whole class, small group and individual instruction, driven by student needs.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrators, supportive staff, parents, and students.
: Blankenburg, Rudolph School (1490)
: The School District of Philadelphia
: Jan 25, 2023, 6:27:34 AM
: Philadelphia Federation of Teachers (PFT)