SCM Relationship Manager
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits
What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
Responsible for the development, coordination, and daily management of assigned supplier initiatives. This could include tasks such as overseeing and analyze supplier forecasts, inventory, purchase orders, and adherence to contractual requirements. Develop repeatable solutions and leading practices that can be offered to various strategic partners to minimize duplication of efforts across various functions and projects.
- Support a long-term vision of supply chain transformation through effective implementation of streamlined business processes
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers and internal customers
- Oversee replenishment execution activities for specific suppliers, in compliance with contractual requirements
- Optimize existing process and resources with clear goals and benchmarks of improvement, development, and management of sound business practices and efficient processes
- Create efficiency and agility throughout the extended Supply Chain by brainstorming, creating, and executing improved ways of working and/or policies to support Southern Glazer’s suppliers
- Assist Supply Chain Executives with timely, accurate, pertinent information and analysis as well as aid in monitoring, evaluating, and improving performance and related SCM key performance metrics
- Support Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) programs to stand up VMI functionality between Southern Glazer’s and their strategic supplier partners
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Facilitate daily, weekly, and monthly meetings and reporting with appropriate sponsors
- Act as a liaison between the departments within and outside the supply chain organization; will work cross-functionally to develop strategic planning with a holistic approach to future business needs
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative Inventory, Forecast, Sales, Logistics, and Financial data
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master's degree (e.g., MBA, MS) preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in Supply Chain functions or related job
- Strong project management experience
- Interact directly with various Supply Chain departments and leadership on a regular basis
- Expert knowledge in Excel
- Green belt certification, including project completion preferred
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 15lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer’s pay bands or ranges.