BIM Technician - ( 230000CC )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future— join us!
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for challenging and exciting projects. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Your Key Responsibilities
Billable Project Applied - approximately 96% of time.
- Sets up new BIM models and maintains file structure for projects.
- Works with project managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation.
- Skillfully works in Revit Structure on 3D projects, including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and structural geometry.
- Creates electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements.
- Converts markups to document-ready work.
- Publishes, posts, and manages drawing sets.
- Maintains drawing revisions.
- Assists other staff with Revit issues and mentors design staff in Design Technology systems use
- Adds insight and makes recommendations to add efficiencies and value to BIM production.
Training and learning - approximately 3% of time.
- Increases technical and project knowledge by proactively identifying and participating in training opportunities.
Studio and Firm meetings, initiatives, and projects - approximately 1% of time.
- Attends in-house project meetings and external meetings
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goal
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong working knowledge of recent versions of Revit; and how they are applied within the built environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Building Information Modeling.
- Revit family creation and maintenance.
- Skilled at clash detection in Revit. Clash detection skills with Navisworks is preferred.
- Client-centric, can-do approach to project work and assignments.
- Familiarity with methods of design to support the architectural/engineering field.
- High level of initiative, with ability to synthesize new technologies, industry trends, and client needs to make recommendations and initiative changes that add efficiency and value.
- Ability to multi-task and synthesize multiple data points and instructions to timely produce accurate deliverables.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Certificate from technical college and 4 to 6 years of relevant experience with Revit, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related experience in the architectural/engineering/contractor industry. Familiarity with structural design within the built environment is preferred.
- Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Advanced degree in related field.
- Certifications relevant to the position.
Office Location and Schedule
- This position is located in all Stantec BC 2045 offices.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The staff member is required to sit for long periods of time, talk and hear. The staff member is occasionally required to walk. The staff member must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Chandler
Organization : BC-2045 Buildings-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 24, 2023, 7:08:41 PM
Req ID: 230000CC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans