Expert Application Analyst
Delta Dental Ins.
Date: 1 week ago
City: Oakland, CA
Contract type: Full time
The Expert Applications Analyst is responsible for utilizing established analytical and research skills in the planning, organizing, and conducting of a Business Needs Assessment, most commonly referred to as Business Requirements, for the development of systems capabilities that are cost effective, creative, and that meet user's needs. This role may engage in the solutions of moderately complex challenges and may recommend and implement system configurations to accomplish moderately complex project goals. The Expert Applications Analyst plays a durable role throughout the Development Lifecycle that includes gathering and documenting business requirements, creating use case scenarios, modeling business process, and participating in the overall planning that will ensure the system delivered meets the needs of the business
- Independently leads efforts to assist the business in building upon the project definition, description and vision document, which may include scope, risk, and identification of stakeholders
- Plans, coordinates, and creates written documentation that clearly describes the needs of the business, which may include Business Requirements, Business Use Cases, Process Models, Business Needs Analysis, or Conceptual Design Documents
- Gathers requirements, researches and analyzes existing, and proposed solutions in the development, modification, or enhancement of programs or systems. Analysis will demonstrate a deep level of understanding of multiple systems or key components
- Engages in dependency analysis, functional design, workflow analysis, use case analysis, data and process modeling, and have a clear understanding of the current and future business rules
- Participates in the Testing discipline by partnering with the Test Lead to support including Test Planning, incident research and analysis, Test strategy, QA and user acceptance testing functions, as needed
- Leverages a deep understanding of system behavior and data properties to assist Test Lead in determining efficient and effective approaches to testing broad and/or complex topics.
- Leads all aspects of the Requirements discipline, including controlling or participating in estimating, feasibility analysis, meeting facilitation, management and executive reporting, change request management, issue tracking, process improvements, and project planning
- Provides support as needed throughout the project lifecycle, participating directly in issue resolution, break and hot fix support, and triage in the identification and resolution of all project incidents, documentation maintenance and traceability as related to the Requirements discipline
- Stays current with and anticipates customer needs and strategies; utilizes formal and informal written communication methods to communicate updates and findings; and facilitates meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences
- Leads configuration of COTs applications to fit business and operational needs
- 7+ years of experience along with a Bachelor's degree as well as experience in business analysis in a technical environment, supporting multiple small to large teams of business and IT staff.
- Strong understanding of core Financial modules - GL, AP, AR, FA.
- Preferred experience in at least 2-3 end-end implementations (preferably on Oracle Cloud Financials).
- Excellent communication, influence, presentation, team and interpersonal skills.
- Able to present goals, project scope, and requirements to any level in the organization.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, and problem-solving skills with high attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and out of the box solutions.
- Ability to champion of change, process and best practices to both the business and technical team members.
- Ability to train, lead and mentor others by lending subject matter expertise and knowledge.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with project management skills.
- Strong data interpretation skills to form actionable suggestions to support business requirements and long range vision.
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and demonstrates creative thinking to provide innovative solutions and recommend system and process enhancements in support of immediate goals and long term direction.
- Strong leadership, decision-making skills and process management to ensure stakeholders understand all the conditions, environment, and measures in which the decision will be made.
- Ability to perform evaluation of historical trends to provide predictive insights.
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and demonstrates creative thinking to provide innovative solutions and recommend system and process enhancements.
- Ability to summarize requirements and connect requirements to business goals as well as relationship to immediate and long range functional and technical direction.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Strong research skills. Ability to get an overview and dive into details independently with little to no direction. Able to determine emerging standards and best practices and relate how they may be utilized in relation to the topic at hand.
- Extensive experience with agile methodologies (Kanban boards or Sprints).
- Superior root cause analysis skills and ability to write basic SQL queries and reports.
Base Pay Information
The national base pay range is a good-faith estimate of what Delta Dental may pay for new hires. Actual pay may vary based on Delta Dental's assessment of the candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs), related experience, education, certifications and ability to meet required minimum job qualifications. Other factors impacting pay include prevailing wages in the work location and internal equity. $92,000 - $196,500
Rewards to make you smile! We don't just want to make our customers happy - we want to give our employees a reason to smile, too. Delta Dental's comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Generous paid time off plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee well-being
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment, travel, and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Delta Dental, our success is only as strong as the people who execute it! We take enormous pride in being the nation's most recognized and widely-used provider of dental insurance - and we've come this far by living our core values of innovation, excellence, service and trust. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so that we're all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and ourselves. We believe in integrity, accountability, collaboration, and giving every employee equitable opportunity for their voice to be heard and development to be fostered.
If you're excited about the prospect of transforming the future of health care and growing in your career, join our smile revolution!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: Delta Dental Ins. on Facebook and Instagram, #LifeatDDins on Facebook and Instagram, Delta Dental Ins. on Twitter and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation's largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender or identity expression, age, disability, marital status, medical status, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Unfortunately, our Delta Dental Enterprise is unable to hire individuals residing in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Vermont, Maine, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Puerto Rico or other US Territories at this time.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
Delta Dental* has enacted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to protect all employees and the communities we serve due to the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Are you able to comply with our policy of being fully vaccinated by your start date if an offer is made or have a medical or sincerely held religious exemption for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine? Failure to comply with our policy and submit proof of compliance or receive approval for a valid medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption prior to your start date will nullify any offer of employment extended to you.
- Delta Dental includes: Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental Insurance Company, Delta Dental of Pennsylvania, and Delta Dental of New York