Practice Manager Geratric Outpatient Health Center
Summary of Job Function:
- Responsible for supporting and communicating the mission and strategic vision for assigned outpatient areas in collaboration with department leadership.
- Hire, supervise, train, and performance manage staff. Manage payroll for assigned staff and providers.
- Create and manage staff schedules and resolve internal conflicts between staff.
- Ensure that consistent staff meetings are held and staff is updated on priorities and expectations.
- Design office policies and manage the implementation.
- Ensure that policies or regulations will support quality of service, patient safety, and the delivery of an excellent patient experience.
- Manage all aspects of the revenue cycle, ensuring timely and appropriate submissions of denials, edits, and any necessary information requested to support payment of the claim. In addition to the above, the following is required:
- Ensure that charges (Part A and Part B) are submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversee the daily charge reconciliation process and hold others accountable for meeting time expectations.
- Manage the collection of time of payment collections.
- Assist in creating annual budgets and managing Practice expenses throughout the year. Ensure that the Practice is paying a competitive price.
- Responsible for ensuring the Practice is running efficiently by tracking and managing key performance indicators such as next available appointments, third next available appointments, cycle times, access, and no-show rates. This data should be routinely shared with all stakeholders.
- Provide support in the Physician onboarding process ensuring the following have been completed:
- Training scheduled for IT systems
- The office has been prepared
- Supplies have been purchased
- Scheduling templates have been built
- Credentialing has been completed
- Represent the department in community affairs and special events to promote the hospital s services.
- Maintains the strictest level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor s degree in Health Services or Healthcare Management
- Five to seven years of Clinical/Medical Practice Management experience required, a history of increasing responsibility, and a proven ability to work in highly matrix, teaching environments are a must.
- Detail and goal oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
First established in 1901, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is a 665-bed quaternary care, teaching hospital that provides comprehensive health care for the region. Staffed with more than 800 physicians, 3200 employees, and 150 volunteers, our hospital is ready to provide you and your family with the quality care you need. At Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, we are committed to quality and excellence in patient care. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and to provide you with an environment that is conducive to healing and promotes patient safety. The Newark Beth Israel Medical Center management and staff abide by the philosophy that all patients are to be treated with respect, dignity, and sensitivity.
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an