Fire Sprinkler Apprentice/Helper-Eugene, OR
Jet Industries, Inc. is a nationwide, family-owned contractor that has thrived in business for over 45 years by fostering an entrepreneurial culture that has led to our diversified construction trades. This same culture has helped us create a cohesive work-environment. Our company lives and breathes our core values of Integrity, Customer Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Safety.
Join the Jet Team today!
Starting Wage - $20.00/HR
Work is in the Eugene area
Benefits at Jet Industries:
- Career-building opportunities & growth potential.
- A diverse internal training program, Jet University.
- A safety-first, family-like workplace.
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
- Affordable Medical/Vision & Dental coverage.
- Matching 401-K.
- Company-provided shirts & PPE.
- Performance-based bonus potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Layout product for installation, stage tools, and execute basic piping installation jobs
- Read and understand fire sprinkler blueprints
- Employ safety measures while installing a fire safety system
- Perform tasks; measuring, marking, cutting, threading pipe for installation
- Connect fittings and sprinkler heads to pipe, then test the system to ensure there are no leaks
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in fire sprinklers, NFPA fire sprinkler codes
- Document all details of work
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive at work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager.
- Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of business, customer, and personnel matters.
- Communicate changes and progress to the manager.
- Follow instructions, and respond to management direction.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Efficient use of company resources to create added value.
- Observe safety and security procedures, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Promote teamwork within your department, location, and company.
- Always adhere to Jet Industries company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Continually progress from a base level of knowledge to take on more responsibilities.
- Position requires a proven ability to manage people and communicate with our clients and staff.
- Must be able to cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of tools
- High level of precision workmanship
- Willingness to learn about fire sprinkler systems and fire sprinkler codes
- Strong eye for detail
- Ability to understand blueprints, stock lists, and inventory
- Excellent judgment and analysis skills
- Must be highly organized, systematic, and adherent to construction deadlines
- Steel experience including cutting, threading, and grooving black steel pipe
- CPVC experience including cutting, reaming, welding, and hanging CPVC pipe
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladders, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during a shift.
- Have the flexibility to bend/stoop, and squat repetitively during shift.
- Ability to regularly kneel repetitively during shift.
- Ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis during shift.
- Ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis during shift.
- Ability to walk extensively throughout the job site during shift.
- Ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions/Job Hazard Analysis:
- While performing the duties, this position is frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladders, stepladders, and stairs.
- This position requires regularly bending/stooping, squatting, kneeling, stretching, reaching, and walking extensively through the job site during the shift.
- Regularly required to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis during shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
As an equal opportunity employer Jet Industries will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Jet Industries also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.