Keller Associates, Inc. is a multi-disciplined civil engineering firm. As a trusted advisor to our clients, we seek can-do people who do not stand on ceremony, who are not thrown off by hard work, and who believe engineering is a team sport. If that is you, apply now for our Administrative Assistant position in our Salem, OR office.
We are excited to grow our fast-paced, Salem, OR office and are seeking to hire an experienced Administrative Assistant to join the Keller Associates team. This position will support our project managers and Keller team. The position requires that you can think critically and make sound decisions.
We’re looking for someone that is upbeat and friendly, willing to learn and grow with the company and has exceptional communication skills. If you are looking for a role where you will be a critical team member, where you can support a highly dynamic team who are having an impact on the communities we serve, come join our team!
The Administrative Assistant undertakes administrative tasks and supports a team of engineers and professional staff. This position will assume administrative, organization and communication functions to support the team.
- Answer and route office phone calls promptly, correctly and in a courteous manner
- Day-to-day office needs including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, coordinating office events, mail distribution, and managing office supplies/equipment (including vehicle maintenance)
- Creating, proofreading, and modifying documents using Microsoft Office Suite
- Make travel arrangements
- Managing small or less complex project tasks with minimal to no supervision
- Proactively identifying problems and devising proposed solutions independently or through collaboration with others
- Complete special project assignments, such as formatting, copy editing, compiling, printing, binding, and document delivery
- Organizing and scheduling submittal packets and information
- Assist with project tracking and invoicing
- Communicate any building related issues to landlord and follow up as needed
- Coordinate with IT department for office and employee needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Present a professional manner and possess an energetic attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat; aptitude to learn other software programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Exercise keen time management skills, meet timelines, and due dates
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Five or more years of similar experience is strongly preferred
- Two or more years of daily use of Microsoft word is required
- Strong attention-to-detail
Keller Associates believes that infrastructure is the heart and soul of community. We deliver solutions with passion that benefit our clients, our communities, and our team. Our first projects were for small towns throughout the West – big needs, small budgets. Our history has taught us a few things: How to be creative, how to pitch in, and how our work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our scope may be bigger now, but we haven’t strayed from our core values. We still take pride in our work and aim higher than we need to, no matter what.
Keller Associates provides its employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, cafeteria plan, 401(k), paid holidays, and PTO). We also give back to our communities through a Company paid Day of Service as well as regular fundraisers.
Our mission is simple – live long and prosper. We take a holistic approach to work. That might sound a little bit abstract, but we mean it in the truest sense: you can’t be happy at work if you aren’t happy at home. That’s why we’ve created a workplace that puts a premium on helping people thrive in their careers and in their personal lives. Because when you retire from here, and we hope you stay with us until you do, we want you to look back and feel proud.
Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Keller Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday through Friday 8 AM – 5 PM, in office