Solution Center Associate
Our Solution Center Associate consults and advises in the proper use of Navient standard and non-standard technology to resolve reported IT, and sometimes non-IT, issues by phone call or email. The role is responsible for accurate recording, troubleshooting/diagnosing, prioritizing and/or resolving Incidents, Requests/ Change Orders with appropriate information and provide timely, accurate and professional customer service while adhering to prescribed corporate and department policies, processes and procedures.
- Staff Solution Center – provide first level technical support in the operation of personal computers (laptops, desktops, Citrix, VDIs), LAN/WAN (internal/external connectivity), software (standard desktop and Navient specific), hardware, communication (Genesys and cell phones) and a variety of system access issues (including unlocks and resets) in a consistent, professional manner.
- Follow established standards, guidelines, process and procedures for recording, troubleshooting/diagnosing, prioritizing and assigning and/or resolving customer Incidents, Requests, Issues, and Change Orders.
- Manage and maintain performance that meets team metrics (ACW, AUX, first level resolution, tickets resolved on time, etc).
- Help educate Navient employees and contractors regarding corporate policies for end-user computing and data security as needed during phone calls and emails (password reset requirements, system access, etc) Perform on-call duties on a rotational basis, sometimes as needed and/or at the last minute.
- Proactively submit knowledge to the Knowledge Base.
- Take initiative for continuous improvement of professional growth, technical expertise and contribute to team growth as appropriate for the position.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner (timesheets, Reg U courses, etc).
Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Computer Science or equivalent technical degree (Additional experience may substitute).
- 1-2 years proven experience as a help desk person preferred but another customer service role will be taken into consideration (Additional education may substitute).
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
- Ability to consistently maintain positive relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to assist end-users in a variety of applications and hardware using help desk knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Office 365 experience (Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Wide variety of knowledge regarding LAN/WAN (Active Directory, internal and external connectivity, etc), hardware and software, communications (Genesys and cell phones).
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.