Child Passenger Safety Technician / PRN
Texas Health Resources
Child Passenger Safety Technician ( PRN ) / Community Ed and Outreach Services
- Work location: Texas Health Alliance 10864 Texas Health Trail TX 76244
- Work environment: Community Education and Outreach Services
- Work hours: PRN As Needed
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is a 98-bed, full-service hospital offering acute care and wellness programs to communities in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Justin, and surrounding areas. The hospital provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, general and outpatient surgery – including an outpatient surgery center, women, and infant’s care – including a level III neonatal intensive care unit, radiology – including a women’s imaging center, cardiac rehabilitation and therapy center, business health services, and wellness programs. Texas Health Alliance is a technologically advanced hospital that has earned national recognition for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- One (1) year related healthcare, adult education, and/or community education experience is required
- National Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification is preferred upon hire and is required within 6 months of hire.
- Effective communication skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
What You’ll Do:
• Provide information about child passenger safety.
• Utilize principles of adult education and teaching strategies that facilitate value and clarification.
• Provide a service oriented atmosphere for community participants.
• Promote good public relations between customers and THR.
• Maintain participant records utilizing clean, legible record keeping skills while ensuring confidentiality.
• Participate in entity or system Child Automobile Safety Initiative meetings, trainings, continuing education opportunities.
• Participate in at least one Child Automobile Safety fitting station and/or event per quarter.
• Maintain Child Passenger Safety Technician certification.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, coworkers, physicians.
• Serve as a patient advocate.
• Schedules and coordinates event or class schedule with manager.
• Acts as a substitute technician and or secures a substitute technician as necessary.
• Acts as a preceptor to novice technicians.
• Participates in peer evaluations as requested by manager.
• Travel to other THR entities to support Child Automobile Safety Initiative events.
• Complies with personnel policies, i.e, Attendance, Dress Code, Nurse Practice Act (if applicable).
• Recognizes and communicates ethical, abuse and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes.
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team to improve care processes that promote continuity of care.
Why Texas Health Resources?
- 2022 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” (8th year in a row)
- Balance for Whole Health Medical and Wellness plan
- Dental, Vision, HSA, Flex Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off: Use your PTO your way! Donate, Convert or Sell
- Retirement Plan: Create the Retirement YOU Want!
- Ask me, there’s more! Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, adoption assistance, employee relief fund, pet insurance and supplemental benefits . . .
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, recent Awards we’ve won and more.