Member Contact Center Representative II
Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About Gesa
The Member Contact Center Representative II provides exceptional service to members via multiple channels (phone, email, and chat) and meets/exceeds established performance measurements. This position responds to several member inquiries and provides the features and benefits of the Credit Union products and services to deepen relationships all while adhering to established policies and procedures. This position has intermediate, wide-ranging job knowledge and has shown the ability to handle extra responsibility in addition to the MCCR I role.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provides exceptional member service via all forms of member contact channels (phone, email, chat, and correspondence) including outbound channels.
- Answers general inquiries, assists with high-risk transactions, and performs account maintenance via phone, email, or chat channels.
- Meets/exceeds individual key performance indicators (critical metrics) expectations.
- Researches and resolves problems independently or with moderate guidance from the MCC Supervisor or MCCR Lead with a sense of urgency.
- Takes ownership of member concerns, sets expectations, and provides prompt follow-up/resolution.
- Finds opportunities to offer additional credit union products, promotions, and services to members and generates referrals that deepen relationships.
- Handles multiple skillsets including call transfers for sophisticated inquiries received via phone, chat, or email channels, and makes outbound telephone calls.
- Provides on the job training, acts as a resource for peers with procedural questions, and mentors newer team members.
- Has sophisticated job knowledge, technical skills, and performs more complex or high-risk tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Resolves requests with a sense of urgency and escalates timely.
- Proven track record to multi-task, handle a wide range of assignments, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Creatively thinks in an unexpected way to resolve member concerns while adhering to policies and regulations.
- Creates a sense of urgency to resolve system impacting failures.
- Champions the Credit Union’s culture with high energy, positive demeanor.
- Mentors peers and provides clear guidance on procedural inquiries.
- Uses tools and resources to tackle complex inquiries with minimal support.
- Analyzes information and recommends achievable operational improvements.
- Excellent customer service and social skills.
- Member centric with a friendly, professional demeanor.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of a high school diploma; some college course work preferred; degree highly desirable.
- 1+ year experience in a contact center environment with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 1+ year in a Credit Union or Financial institution.
- Met or exceeded expectations of MCCR I role.
- Some travel may be required to complete training or fulfill duties.
- Courtesy, tact, and subtlety with current and potential members, peers, and staff.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and standard office equipment; proficiency with call center programs desired.
- Familiarity and comfort with online systems and other technology.
Our Team Member Value Proposition:
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or [email protected] to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.
Equal Employment Opportunity (gesa.com