Principal - Hall Elementary School
Gresham Barlow School District
Date: 1 week ago
City: Gresham, OR
Contract type: Full time
- Promotes a widely shared institutional belief that every child deserves and can have expert instruction and that all team members must be advocates for students.
- Sets high performance goals for themselves and others.
- Creates a sense of urgency and takes immediate action to ensure early successes.
- Establishes and monitors high standards for excellence with students, teachers, staff and other stakeholders.
- Aligns school resources and prioritizes activities to achieve maximum results based on vision and goals.
- Effectively plans and takes action to achieve goals and objectives without direction.
- Consistently identifies potential issues and obstacles and proactively takes action to create and implement solutions.
- Formulates and executes on action plans despite ambiguity, obstacles or resistance.
- Establishes a culture of learning and achievement.
- Acts to influence others’ thinking and behavior to achieve results.
- Communicates a clear vision of success and benefits to engage others.
- Identifies and engages stakeholders (e.g. parents, community) to drive consensus, build trust and facilitate change.
- Anticipates and responds to stakeholder concerns and identify and engage key influencers and community resources necessary for success.
- Effectively builds and organizes adult teams.
- Develops effective team processes to achieve desired results.
- Effectively delegates to others and engages teams in decision-making.
- Encourages learning and consistently provides instruction, expectations, feedback to encourage leadership and build capacity.
- Consistently inspires excellence and promotes high morale.
- Recognizes cause and effect between instructional activities and results.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to others and presents ideas with confidence.
- Takes on challenging situations and believes in ability to effect change.
- Takes personal responsibility for mistakes and learns from them, while consistently following up with analysis and corrective action.
- A minimum of three years experience as an effective school leader
- Master’s Degree
- Skills to motivate students and staff, communicate with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds, work collaboratively with various groups within the school and in the community.
- Knowledge of age appropriate pedagogy for development of curriculum and assessment that support student learning, state curriculum framework, education law, federal and state mandates and regulations (Title IA, IDEA, 504, ELL, etc), appropriate instructional subjects, labor relations law and contracts, facility requirements, budget preparation and control, district policies and administrative regulations, staff recruitment, staff development, staff supervision and staff evaluation.
- Abilities to perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parent, other school personnel, meet schedules and deadlines. Significant physical abilities include standing and walking for prolonged periods, lifting/carrying/reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception and accommodation field of vision.
- Use of technology in instruction, management and communication.
- Have prompt and regular attendance.
- Fluently speaks, reads and writes Spanish
- Elementary school teaching and administrative experience preferred
- Oregon Administrative License
- Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid Certificates
- Applications must be submitted to Frontline Recruiting and Hiring by the closing date in order to be considered for the position.
Administrative/Principal - Elementary
Hall Elementary School
Posting Date: January 23, 2023
Administrator – Elementary Principal
Start date: July 1, 2023
Location: Hall Elementary School
230 days, 1.0 FTE
2023-2024 Salary Schedule: $126,066 - $141,888 plus benefit package
This position is not part of a bargaining unit
Application Deadline: February 6, 2023.
Apply through gbsdjobs.com.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the
qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our
qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the
qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application. Preference will be given to those applicants with work or lived experience with culturally, linguistically and racially diverse communities
A principal provides leadership in all aspects of a school environment. This includes implementing a school improvement model which focuses on high achievement for all students; building a positive school climate that supports the whole student; leveraging research and data to drive initiatives and instruction; and building a high-performing staff and leadership team to achieve the school’s vision and goals. A principal develops the right balance of strategic and tactical plans to achieve immediate success while maintaining long-term vision
Essential Job Functions:
Impact and Influence
Develop and Lead High Performing Teams
Confidence to Lead
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Licenses, Bonding and/or Testing Required:
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment
Applicants with culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Gresham-Barlow School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of this district and the board of education that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups in any educational programs, activities or employment. Gresham-Barlow provides equal access to individuals with disabilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER