Virtual Support Technician
Five Star Technology Solutions Llc
The primary focus of this position is to provide remote or virtual technical support to educators who receive the Virtual Help Desk service. The VST will also assist with other Tier 1 tasks both remotely and onsite (as needed).
The individual in this highly-visible position must possess excellent skills in the areas of written communication, customer service and troubleshooting , as well as the ability to prioritize information and support requests.
- Staff the Virtual Help Desk and strive to resolve tickets remotely or assign them to the local or onsite technical resource
- Provide Tier I onsite technical support in various school environments by responding to issues submitted by the school staff and/or students via Virtual Help Desk through Proactive Ticket Monitoring
- Work in tandem with the Dispatch Manager to be scheduled for deployment to client sites to reduce ticket counts for Virtual Help Desk clients
- Extend coverage to current Onsite Services clients when an Onsite Technician is unavailable
- Complete Tier 1 work connected to client projects
- Perform computer imaging, software installations, and maintain/repair technology inventory
- Troubleshoot and repair various devices and peripheral equipment including, but not limited to, iPads, Macbooks, Chromebooks, Windows laptops, Windows Desktop PCs, interactive whiteboards, etc.
- Escalate problems to higher-level technical support professionals when necessary or assign tickets to onsite technicians
- Collaborate and communicate with higher-level technical support until problems are fully resolved
- Be exceedingly flexible with scheduling and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Communicate with school personnel and other colleagues regarding the status of tickets, projects, and other important technology updates and changes.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with onsite technical service
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred, CompTIA Network+ certification also preferred
- Excellent customer service background with professional appearance and communication skills required
- Work both effectively with others in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Identify Tier 1 issues and resolve them without direction
- Ability to lift and move computers and other potentially heavy technology hardware
- Ability to work remotely
- Must have reliable high speed internet access at home or residence
- Possess reliable transportation to travel between schools
- Maintain an organized work area
- Work designated hours including school breaks/intermissions while also being reachable and flexible to work critical and urgent tickets that may come in during non-school hours.