DICK'S Sporting Goods
You have a passion for sport. So do we. You have a passion for community. So do we. You have a passion for customer service. So do we. DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking a passionate, people-first Store Leader to oversee store operations in Tuscaloosa, AL.
On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful, and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Store Manager has a commitment to their store team, customers, and the community they serve. They’re accountable for increasing company business results and delivering operational goals while prioritizing coaching and development to equip their team and ensure a hassle-free shopping experience for all customers.
- Directly involved in the interview/hiring process and builds an effective store team by ensuring a diverse mix of backgrounds, skillsets, perspectives, and experiences are represented.
- Drives sales and profitability through customer satisfaction and data analysis to uncover customer and business trends; control expenses and workforce budgeting.
- Guarantees floor sets are executed, visual standards are met, and the store is clean, organized, and safe.
- Prioritizes community involvement and builds relationships with local leaders.
- Drives shrink (store loss) results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures.
- Manages team in with a people-first focus by building trust, actively listening, and dedicating time to their team.
- Leads through coaching and development and infuses learning into day-to-day leading.
- Creates an inclusive store environment where everyone (teammates & customers) feels safe, welcome, and is treated with respect.
Our Leadership Competencies set the bar of what great people leaders look like at DICK’S Sporting Goods. They define the behaviors of leaders that can drive the business and build great talent. Here are the competencies we expect from our Store leaders:
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Decision-Quality/Decision-Making Abilities
- Engagement Driver
- Talent Developer
- Effective Team Building Skills
- Plans & Aligns
- Strategic Mindset
- Drives Vision & Purpose of store and organization
- 3 years Retail Store Manager experience or 5 years of related management/customer-focused experience
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.