General Adjuster (Property)
Fort Orange Claim Service Inc
Fort Orange Claims Services, Inc. (FOCUS) Adjusters is seeking new talent for current opportunities within our property and casualty independent adjustment division. A General Adjuster (Property) Adjuster provides superior customer service to FOCUS clients and their policy holders by providing a fair and timely resolution of first- and third-party claims. FOCUS is an industry leader in independent adjustment and claims support services.
This position is available throughout the entire states of NY, NJ, CT, RI, MA.
Resolves complex property losses generally in excess of $100,000.00 by investigating damages, negotiating adjustment of losses with property owners, corporate management, brokerage personnel, lawyers, accountants or public adjusters representing the insured; presents evidence in legal proceedings; makes sales calls and presentations. The General Adjuster will often be nominated and manage appraisals and serve in the capacity of an umpire. Provides peer review on assignments and oversight to other staff.
Adjuster will work remotely, and travel as needed to inspect losses. Travel throughout the Northeast (with additional states from time-to-time). Catastrophe assignments may require fully paid out of state travel from time to time.
- Licensed New York State General Adjuster (NYS Exam Series 10-70) and CT Adjusting License.
- At least 10-12 years of prior verifiable work experience in claims adjusting field at a General Adjuster or Higher Level.
- Claim adjustment experience with routine exposure to and handling of claims in excess of $500,000.00, Required.
- High Value Commercial Property Claim Experience Required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills, strong analytical skills, as well as superior customer service and negotiation skills.
- Must possess knowledge of estimating software and the ability to work independently is essential.
- Xactimate and Simsol experience preferred.
- Pre-employment background check and DMV driving history check will be performed.
Required license or certification:
- New York State General Adjuster License (Exam Series 10-70).
- High school or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; not required.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
Monthly Bonus Program
Continuing Education (CPCU, SCLA, CLM)
Long Term Disability Insurance