Clever Care Health Plan
Support Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities of dynamic, fast-growing, and industry-disruptive Medicare Advantage Organization. The Financial Analyst will be a key member in building a scalable and compliant FP&A infrastructure to support future company growth. In this multi-faceted finance role, the incumbent will have primary responsibilities of decision-support analysis, budgeting, and capital expenditure return-on-investment (ROI) modeling, month-end close support, and budget-to-actual variance analysis while also assisting in federal Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS) compliance filings. Other ad hoc responsibilities will be assigned on a case-by-case basis. As the organization grows, there is opportunity for incumbent to be promoted to Senior Financial Analyst. Position will report to the Director of FP&A.
Functions & Job Responsibilities
- Administer, interpret and maintain current working knowledge of the required Clever Care Health Plan's systems, procedures, forms, reports and manuals
- Produce monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis updating leadership on financial drivers
- Proactively partner with departments to meet financial performance goals
- Function as primary owner of operating expense budget model: load/process budget updates, produce detail and summary reports, maintain overall integrity of model
- Create and maintain FP&A policy and produce documents
- The position requires a full-time work schedule; full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related fields
- 1 to 3 years experience in corporate financial planning setting
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) effectively with all levels of associates and vendors
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data
- Intermediate proficiency in other Microsoft Word and PowerPoint programs
- Ability to work in a collaborative cross-functional capacity within FP&A
Physical & Working Environment.
Physical requirements needed to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to operate a keyboard, mouse, phone and perform repetitive motion (keyboard); writing (note-taking)
- Ability to sit for long periods; stand, sit, reach, bend, lift up to fifteen (15) lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas to impart information to the public and to convey detailed instructions to staff accurately and quickly.
Work is performed in an office environment and/or remotely. The job involves frequent contact with staff and public. May occasionally be required to work irregular hours based on the needs of the business.