The Zone Manager's primary job function is to be fully accountable for the success of an assigned group of districts and driving sales by directing all operational aspects of district and store operations. The Zone Manager is responsible for ensuring that Multi-Unit Leaders make certain that their store staffs maintain clean, well-organized, and properly merchandised stores at all times and that all policies, procedures, and controls are followed. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory control to ensure store shrink is within company guidelines by protecting company property and assets. The Zone Manager serves as the key strategic partner, and maintains a constant awareness of our competition within an assigned region. Responsible for establishing and maintaining ethical standards as a representative of Spirit Halloween. Sets an example to peer group and reporting team in ethical decision making. The Zone Manager is responsible for scouting markets within their defined area to verify and/or identify viable locations for the upcoming season.
Manage and direct a geographic region normally consisting of multiple districts within the Zone.
- Responsible for scouting and developing in depth knowledge of assigned market.
- Responsible for identifying any & all viable retail locations in preparation for the upcoming season.
- Responsible for suggesting sales plans based on historical data in market.
- Responsible for conducting detailed scope of works on locations and partnering with Facilities Managers and Real Estate deal makers.
- Responsible for scheduling any necessary work needed to locations while partnering with Facilities Manager and contractors.
- Responsible for scheduling all initial fixture and merchandise deliveries within Zone.
- Responsible for setting sales and operational goals and expectations, and ensuring that those goals and expectations are achieved.
- Responsible for overseeing the performance management of the District & Store Manager teams to meet all expectations.
- Schedule regular visits in all stores with District & Store Managers to ensure compliance in all areas of customer service, store operations, and loss prevention..
- Train, challenge, motivate, encourage, and provide constructive guidance to District & Store Managers related to all areas of effective operations.
- Oversee District & Store Manager implementation strategies to meet all store performance goals.
- Responsible for establishing sales and operational plans with District & Store Managers to ensure that all tasks are managed and executed efficiently.
- Responsible for ensuring that District & Store Managers hire qualified candidates and ensure that all associates are properly trained.
- Ensure that District Managers effectively supervise Store Managers by planning, organizing and delegating tasks to meet store goals and expectations.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and training District Managers in all aspects of their jobs, and providing appropriate constructive feedback regarding performance and/or conduct.
- Ensure that District Managers maintain proper staffing levels to meet store needs and that associates properly record hours worked.
- Ensure that District Managers and Store Managers are kept current on all policies, procedures, programs and guidelines, and that all stores maintain a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.
- Ensure that all associates treat one another and our customers with courtesy and respect.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.