Clinical Social Worker MSW
Beaumont Hospital Dearborn
To work collaboratively with members of an interdisciplinary team in order to assist patients and families with complex psychosocial needs. These interventions may include, but are not exclusive to: alternate site coordination, discharge planning, addressing all forms of identified abuse/neglect, adoption, substance use disorders, assisting with end of life decisions, providing appropriate referral resources, bereavement support, adjustment counseling, facilitating guardianships and behavioral health concerns (including psychiatric transfers).
1. Conducts psychosocial assessments with patient and or family to assist with identified psychosocial needs or who may be identified to require an alternate site of care post discharge and executes a plan.
2. Communicates with alternate sites of care and/or community agencies in an effective and timely manner, to best address the patient’s needs.
3. Completes and documents the assessment and plan in the electronic medical record, accurately reflecting the patient’s current condition, situational factors, transition of care needs and psychosocial imperatives.
4. Provides consultation and resources to members of the healthcare team.
5. Responsible for maintaining relevant and current knowledge of community resources.
6. Participates or assists in department or hospital committees, projects etc., as assigned/requested.
7. Develops and maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations as they pertain to role.
Inpatient psychiatric duties: (when exists)
1. Conducts daily group therapy sessions with eligible inpatients and Partial program patients and also may perform utilization review for this patient population
2. Provides discharge planning and utilization approvals for post inpatient care.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health’s customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment – cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules – including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
- Master’s degree in social work
B. Work Experience:
- Experience in individual, family assessment, crisis intervention, grief and loss counseling, and discharge planning preferred
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State of Michigan Social Work License. LMSW expected within 5 years of employment.
D. Other Qualifications:
- Demonstrate knowledge of growth and development and dynamics of behavior for age related groups. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and ability to adapt to technical demands of electronic communication. Ability to work independently but contribute positively to team performance. Ability to manage, prioritize multiple situations and tasks while remaining calm. Must demonstrate willingness to be flexible and cope with multiple job stressors.
A. Physical Effort:
- Lifting up to 10 lbs. occasionally. Walking, standing, reading, writing, speaking English, listening, and repetitive motions. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data, figures, transcribing, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
B. Work Environment:
- Work is performed in an office and hospital setting.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste materials of hazardous medications.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- NEW On-demand pay program
Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you’ll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.