Insurance Account Manager - Employee Benefits (Hybrid)
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Support Producer and Marketing Account Executive, if applicable, by marketing and servicing new and renewal business. Be knowledgeable of applicable coverages, carrier guidelines, underwriting and legislative changes, to maintain relationships with clients and carrier representatives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Build and maintain key client and carrier relationships by phone, email and in person.
2. Assist assigned clients and teammates with service questions related to administration, billing, claims issues and problem solving, upon request.
3. Work with Producer and/or Marketing Account Executive to monitor and manage the renewal process for assigned clients. Provide analysis and recommendation of coverage needs to present to client.
4. Coordinate meeting with client and/or producer to present the renewal and supporting documents to gain acceptance of the renewal or commitment to go to market for alternative options.
5. Prepare marketing information or provide required information to a marketing person.
6. Schedule and conduct teammate meetings in coordination with Marketing Account Executive or Producer and complete the implementation process.
7. Prepare and deliver all applicable forms to client.
8. Become proficient in the client management system(s), specifically to update policies that are written or renewed, log activities to document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service issues, establish follow-up date and daily manage follow-up in client management system(s). Also, understand how to use the system to acquire information to assist clients.
9. Provide administrative support on other tasks as they arise such as assigned special projects and development of new ideas/services, as requested.
10. Attend seminars, classes and carrier meetings to keep abreast of new products available for clients and acquire expertise in legislative changes, as opportunities occur.
11. Other duties and responsibilities as requested by management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Two years of relevant insurance industry experience
3. Appropriate insurance license (Health & Life Insurance License)
4. Strong client relations skills; including excellent communication skills and service orientation, cooperative nature, and tactfulness to resolve client and company problems
5. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
6. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Advanced degree
2. Certification in field of endeavor
3. Experience with Requests for Proposal
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify