Kindred Hospital Louisville
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Education Coordinator plans, coordinates and teaches continuing education and in-service education for the hospital, including General Orientation. Develops monthly education calendar. Conducts corporate compliance agreement training and other needed staff education. Participates in development of short-term and long-term educational goals based on identified needs through Quality Council and annual assessments. Collaborates with managers to evaluate staff competency.
- Participates in development of short-term and long-term educational goals based on identified needs through Quality Council, Annual Assessments, etc.
- Assists Department Directors with the development of specific orientation and staff competency programs.
- Forecasts and administers education operating budget.
- Plans and coordinates continuing and in-service education for the hospital.
- Develops, plans and coordinates general hospital orientation. Coordinates with various department heads to include their specialty area.
- Develops, plans and coordinates periodic in-service training on those issues identified by the Hospital Quality Council or a designated Performance Improvement Team.
- Ensures that the hospital's employees receive compliance training and all education necessary to perform their job responsibilities, as required by the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement.
- Develops, designs and provides for a written scope of services, departmental policies and procedures that guide and support the provision and integration of services according to mission and vision of the hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required, masters preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- Five years of experience in an acute care Medical/Surgical and/or ICU/CCU setting.