Staff Embedded Software Developer
- Design, Develop and Maintain software on current and future Access Point products
- Responsible for the development of the AP networking related features of the FortiAP-U product line
- Hands on in bug fixing current products
- Design/Develop/maintain TCP/IP Networking features on AP
- Design/Implement/improve software features of high quality and on schedule
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Experience in implementing networking related system design.
- Good Understanding of TCP/IP networking protocol.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Networking related embedded software development.
- Strong C/C++ experience in Unix/Linux environment is essential.
- Experience developing kernel and system level modules for embedded Linux systems
- Experience with multi process/thread programming.
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Shell, Ruby, Python a plus.
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies as well as software development fundamentals.
- Good troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000-$165,000. Fortinet offers employees a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), 11 paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time as well as a comprehensive leave program.
Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, and job level. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate's subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program, Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company’s discretion.