Construction Project Manager
Full Job Description – Project Manager
FiberTel, LLC is locally grown in Utah’s Art City and has rapidly expanded over the Northwest and Western regions of the United States. We are currently hiring for our Hillsboro, Oregon location.
As an advocate for economic growth in the state of Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and California we understand the business of conveying information. With all that is happening in our state and nationwide, we are seeing different ways of life, work, and school. The increase in work from home and online school has put a strain on internet providers and their bandwidth. Internet Providers are relying heavily on us to continue the construction and installation of fiber optics to ensure that internet service goes uninterrupted for the people of our communities.
We are a utility construction company, with a specialization in the installation of fiber optics. We offer a full turnkey experience for our clients. For our employees, we offer rewarding benefits including; medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, and 401k (with company match).
Job Description Overview:
The Project Manager will work directly with the Operations Manager. She/he will have a thorough understanding of designs & specifications and will guarantee compliance with such. This position will estimate work of specific projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. The coordinator will manage change orders, daily reporting, procedures, and the overall project progress.
- Analyze and interpret detailed drawings and specifications.
- Perform budget pricing from schematic drawings and narrative.
- Draft scope letters, proposals, and vendor solicitations
- Attend pre-bid meetings, collaborations, and conferences with clients and design professionals.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed, and calm manner.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with engineers, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the construction site.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Prior construction experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and applicable Engineering programs.
- Good Written and oral communication.
- Possess a valid driver’s license or be eligible and willing to obtain the required license for the position.
This job operates in both office and field environments with occasional exposure to noise and other hazards. This job routinely uses standard office equipment. Occasionally spend time outside the office when meeting clients or need to check on vehicles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
- PWR Discounts (Flight Tickets, Amusement Park Tickets, Nike)
- Group Discount (Pet Insurance, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance)
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pay is based on the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the employee.
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.