Data Systems Architect (USSPACECOM)
Torch Technologies, Inc.
Salary Range: $126,600 - $141,040
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, education, and experience.
Torch Technologies is seeking a Data Systems Architect to support USSPACECOM; the position requires an individual possessing a wide range of skills and demonstrated experience; The Data Systems Architect will build, deploy, and maintain robust big data solutions and platforms for USSPACECOM needs and requirements. The individual will work with combatant command staff to make decisions on complex issues regarding the technical approach for project components within the current data framework. The Individual will:
- Develop data architecture that enhances the current analytics capabilities.
- Work on a cadence that enables the best-fit technology to enhance performance, quality and availability over time.
- Build a concise data architecture to support future artificial intelligence capabilities.
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements for the combatant command and offer suggestions for solutions.
- Analyze database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with USSPACECOM policies and any external regulations.
- Create data monitoring models for each product and work with our marketing team to create models ahead of new releases.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams.
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years in a data analysis or management role.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python and R, as well as PL/SQL, t-SQL, and other stored procedure database programing languages.
- Experience with Big Data solutions, (Data Lake, Hadoop Ecosystem, RDBMS, NoSQL, Apache Spark/Presto, machine learning/deep learning, Blockchain, In-memory Databases).
- Understanding of cloud network environments as a service.
- Proficiency with Open-Source RDBMS (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
- Proficient in all levels of data modeling (Relational, Key/value, Graph, Document, Column-family, Array / matrix, Hierarchical, Network).
- Able to build a strong data services architecture in support of data products that meet or exceed data advanced analytics needs.
- Experience building self-service real-time data systems that can change as technology changes.
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way.
- Ability to attain and retain a DoD Top Secret level clearance.
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Possess previous Space experience at operational/theater level (e.g. Combatant Command, Joint/Combined Task Force, Component).
- Possess experience in supporting USSPACECOM, AFSPACE, NAVSPACE, MARFORSPACE, or SMDC/ARSPACE operations and/or exercises.
- Experience working on classified networks and interfacing with military staffs at the operational and strategic level.
- Artificial Intelligence experience and/or Machine learning experience.
- Cloud employment experience.