Customer Service Operations Lead
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Customer Service Operations Lead is responsible for assisting the management staff with leading and supporting the clerical staff. They will assist management by supporting and overseeing office and warehouse functions as it relates to: billing, dispatching, client request and relationships, and customer escalations.
- Achieve customer metrics to ensure performance goals are successfully met, decrease incident rates, comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), etc.
- Monitor calls and be prepared to de-escalate calls.
- Oversee all paperwork associated with orders and maintain the corresponding files
- Maintain a current procedure book for the customer service jobs and functions
- Act as a liaison between operations and the customer, in administration of accounts and between the office and customer regarding credit charges
- Coordinate special customer requests with the transportation and operations departments, expediting orders as necessary
- Compile statistical information from manifest data and prepares related reports.
- Help lead the execution of daily dispatch to include the planning, delivery, monitoring of assigned loads, drivers, and equipment in tandem with the customer's requirements for production plans, routes and schedules
- Maintain a good working relationship with customer(s) by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning shipments, inventory count requests, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Three (3) years or more Customer Service experience required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Customer Service
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.