Baker/Mixer - Whole Foods Bakehouse
Whole Foods Market
- Know correct mixing order. Must be accurate in mixing, dividing, shaping, proofing, and baking to ensure consistency in daily production.
- Mix doughs correctly and weigh/measure accurately using scales.
- Understand and follow all recipes and instructions. Know location of all ingredients.
- Follow the production schedule.
- Basic understanding of Datapax and printing of recipes as necessary.
- Clean work areas, mixers, and utensils.
- Remove trash and recycling.
- Work with PLUs and UPC codes.
- Consistently communicate, uphold and embody Whole Foods Market's standards, vision and Philosophy.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner including mixers, water chiller/ dispenser, and all other equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of baking ingredients, equipment, weights and measures (tares)
- Excellent math skills (ability to do “on the fly math”)
- Ability to take direction.
- Able to learn proper and safe usage of Hobart mixer and baler, and all other knives and kitchen production equipment.
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of working independently with little supervision.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on need including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to stand or walk at least 8 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to lift 55 lbs. throughout the day.
- Work in an extreme temperature environment (ranging from -10 (freezer) to 110 degrees Fahrenheit). General warehouse temperature 60 – 85 degrees, Freezer -10 degrees
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Arrive to work on time, wear appropriate PPE, work all scheduled shifts, complete required trainings and attend required meetings.
- Ability to read and speak basic English.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader, Associate Team Leader, Facility Leadership.
Desired Work Experiences
- Experience with bench hand production
- Experience with bread production
The wage range for this position is $15.00 - $27.56 Hourly, commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market offers “Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.