Learning & Development Manager
WHY INDIGO ROAD…
Founded in 2009 by Steve Palmer, The Indigo Road Hospitality Group (IRHG) is a collection of 15 concepts across 26 restaurants and 4 boutique hotels, with new openings planned across the country. Indigo Road strives to achieve Internal Hospitality and believes our success begins with you.
ALL ROADS LEAD TO YOU...
A successful Learning & Development Manager will have 5+ years experience working in a Training & Development capacity and 10+ years working in F&B, hospitality or the restaurant industry. You will design, establish, and implement a full-scale and companywide training program certifying all employees are given the tools to succeed in their position, improve and strengthen their skills, and grow in their professional careers. Be passionate about food and engaging the local community. Encourage staff development and promote a positive experience for staff and guests to achieve P&L goals. You’ll look over all aspects of the kitchen including problem resolution and effective communication to get the job done. As an ambassador for Indigo Road you’ll authentically embrace Internal Hospitality and strive to create memorable experiences for people through food.Requirements:
WHAT INDIGO EXPECTS FROM YOU…
- Create and implement strategic, functional, and innovative training programs that will educate and inform employees of performance expectations and company cultures
- Ensure all training, development programs, and activities are purposefully linked to The Indigo Road Hospitality Group’s culture and values
- Develop, evolve, and oversee training programs to support various learning styles as the company expands and grows
- Identify and define success standards to be carried company wide for all employees and develop and collect data to report short- and long-term success expectations
- Become a qualified Tips Instructor for the Indigo Road Hospitality Group, carry out training for all staff that serve alcohol, and track certifications
- Establish and direct company wide ServSafe training and track all management certifications
- Produce and facilitate annual companywide Harassment and Diversity Inclusion training
- Develop and deliver effective Safety training on OSHA/BBP (Blood Born Pathogens) material that emphasizes hazard identification, avoidance, and control with CDC Prevention
- Lead and report company Training Needs Assessment to identify performance requirements and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to achieve them
- Create and co-facilitate the Supervisory Development Program to support new and experienced managers in expanding proficiencies that promote an engaged, productive, and innovative workforce through supervisory leadership
- Work with Senior Leaders to distribute Annual Leadership Performance Evaluations to all salaried managers, to be conducted by said managers with applicable Senior Leader(s)
- Facilitate distribution of Leadership Personal Performance Evaluations to all salaried managers, including Senior Leaders, to be reviewed by applicable superiors
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US…
As a business partner your schedule may vary (days, nights, weekends, holiday’s) based on seasonality, covers, and hours of operation but in general you can expect to work 55 to 60 hours a week - because we prioritize work/life balance.
- Work Collaboratively: to achieve a one-team one-dream mentality that promotes the hiring, and nurturing of the right people ready to serve our guests, achieve financial goals and create memorable experiences
- Practice Humility & Transparency: to support culture and an ethical environment where everyone feels safe, cared for and inspired
- Act With Integrity: be able and willing to perform all responsibilities of each position in the kitchen when needed. Lead by example and set the tone for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the property
- Enrich Your Community: engage local farms to source and procure fresh and quality product while also educating junior team members, advocating for their growth and development
- Show Compassion and Empathy: listen to your team, be understanding and always provide a humane approach when individually coaching with the intent to inspire everyone to do great things
- Leave a Lasting Impression: provide a sense of home through quality, consistency, and teamwork
- Embrace Positivity: create a welcoming and approachable environment that is solution driven, with a smile
- Have Fun at Work: set the tone by influencing and leading a positive, collaborative, and fun team environment where everyone is treated with respect and kindness
AS A VALUED MEMBER OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM YOU CAN EXPECT…
- Competitive Pay + PTO: Competitive base + performance based bonus (paid out quarterly) + PTO after 90 days
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Telemed, Life, STD, LTD, LAP (Life Assistance Program)
- Retirement Planning: 401K (50% in match up to your first 6% investment), Roth, or both
- Home Loan Program: A zero-interest housing loan program to help you purchase a home.
- Working Advantage: Cost-free employee savings program for electronics, appliances, apparel, cars, flowers, fitness memberships, gift cards, groceries, hotels, movie tickets, rental cars, special events, theme parks, and more!
- Hospitality School Loan Program: A zero-interest hospitality school loan program to help you attend college classes in the hospitality industry
- Employee Discounts: Enjoy discounts while dining in and / or spending the night across 15 restaurant concepts and growing boutique hotel collection
- Maturity/Paternity Leave: 4 weeks PTO