Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Responsible for the efficient execution of merchandising to ensure consistency with product sets and signage displays in the store and when necessary across a group of stores in a Market or District. Reduce time spent on merchandising processes due to an increased familiarity of sets. Assist in the receiving of merchandise to and from the store and to ensure that all merchandise is accurately stocked and priced, and provide guest service, as necessary. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks which may be covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks, most questions are directed to the Merchandise Operations Leader, Store Leader and/or the Leader on Duty.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Knowledge of the store product and strong merchandising and organization skills.
- Ability to be diligent in completion of time keeping, mileage calculations and expenses.
- Access to reliable transportation, proper liability insurance.
- Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
- Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip.
- Move merchandise up to 50 pounds.
- Assist with the unloading, pricing and stocking of merchandise according to operational guidelines in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that supply counts are accurate.
- Verify that all pricing and inventory information is accurate, ensure that all merchandise is properly priced, that all SKU information is correct and that all required inventory control paperwork is competed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures.
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, bathroom maintenance, etc.
- Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
- May travel to a designated store group following a scheduled timeline to complete projects (such as; Category Reviews, Action Memos, Recalls, Resets, etc.).
- Complete projects following policies & procedure; cleaning, planogram sets, proper labeling, signage & fixture needs of project, disposal of RTV items as a result of set, appropriate hazardous waste storage and clean up.
- Analyze on-site/actual conditions in comparison to written plan, identify necessary corrections and recommend alterations as necessary and troubleshoot resolution. Coordination with Store/Field partners and/or Support Center departments/partners to ensure actual fixturing, floor plan set-up, stocking and merchandising is completed according to scheduled plan and if changes are made that they are properly communicated for all assigned locations.
- Communicate with the Merchandise Operations Leader and the Store Leader upon completion of day on any remaining unfinished projects, blue dot program needs, screen correction information for the Store to complete at end of day, overall set changes (adds/deletes/moves), DMB, POGS and sign off of completion form.
Special Projects as needed; Space Optimization, POG integrity, Ad promotions, etc.
Nature of Supervision:
General instruction provided on some, but not all tasks and work is generally checked upon completion.
Education and Experience
While a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is generally preferred, an applicant must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency and above average communication skills.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store partners.
The partner will work primarily with District and Store Leaders and some Support Center(s) contacts to set timelines for project completion.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
$14.50 - $20.50
Exact rate of pay will be based on position, location, and experience level.