Transmission Design Coordinator/EIT
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for civil engineering candidates, who have a passion for the power industry, to join our nationally ranked team of professionals in Bismarck, North Dakota or Rapid City, South Dakota. This position includes engineering tasks with varying levels of complexity, which are assigned by a Project Engineer or Project Manager. The EIT/coordinator may work independently on small tasks and may assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects. Other tasks may include:
- Perform routine and detailed design tasks.
- Perform analysis, engineering calculations, and developing construction documents for a variety of structures.
- May assist in verifying code compliance, quality checks, meeting project schedules and budget as well as coordinate the civil/structural engineering work with other disciplines and CAD designers.
- Experience or desire to perform civil design for site utilities and overhead lines.
- The candidate may work on the conceptual and detailed design activities for power, industrial and institutional projects.
- Must be capable of effective communication; work in a team-oriented manner and possess analytical and organizational skills.
- Conducting analyses to develop design options
- Assisting with preparing cost estimates or specifications
- Perform routine engineering and design tasks
- Participate in field reviews or construction observation.
- Some travel may be required
- Perform all other duties assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or realted field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word, AutoCAD, MicroStation a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- EIT certification strongly preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of "Coordinator" and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression.
- Experience operating PLS-CADD software.
- Understanding of geotechnical theory and foundation design practices.
- Experience performing project cost estimates, plan and profile preparation, specification and drawing preparation, and preparation of other engineering documents required for power transmission line projects through 500kV is desired.
- Overhead power transmission is the focus of this position although any underground transmission experience would be helpful.
- Preference given to local candidates.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-South Dakota-Rapid City
: United States-North Dakota-Bismarck
: Transmission/Distribution Eng
: Sep 23, 2022