User Experience (UX) Designer (Hybrid)
Computer World Services
Computer World Services is seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer to support the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR), as well as other Department intelligence stakeholders, with a streamlined and efficient ability to acquire a range of human centric solution design and development services that will enable innovative and efficient information technology (IT) solution development support enabling the Department to achieve intelligence mission objectives. The Intelligence Development and Enterprise Applications (IDEA) contract enables service providers to capture technology requirements; develop solutions which enhance capabilities to intake, store, process, enrich, and share intelligence information; plan service transition and training activities supporting solution implementation; and guide the implementation and maintenance of solutions across the full system lifecycle.
Program objectives include information technology support services to include software engineering support, system integration, operations (including security) and maintenance (O&M) support, solution development, business analysis, and senior enterprise application user support across all enterprise applications to support the INR Technology Innovation Office (INR/TIO) information technology requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for documenting user needs
- Coordinates with other team members to translate user needs into processes and systems which enrich outcomes.
- Ability to quickly produce wireframes to support prototyping process
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Conducting usability testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Supports in visual design software activities
- Leverages user-centric design process
- Will provide enterprise application user issue support services to the current and evolving portfolio of enterprise applications across multiple national security classifications.
- Clearly communicates requirements and schedules with stakeholders
- Analyzes characteristics of new systems
- Works closely with SW engineering function in collaboration with the Government sponsors
- Determines best commercially available solutions or implements custom solutions.
- Supports customer and stakeholders in technology modernization and optimization of IT environment
- Supports to increase effectiveness and efficiency of IT platforms.
- Support CI/CD activities
Education & Experience
- Required: a BS Degree
- At least 2 years user experience design and user interface design experience
- Required: Experience with User-Centric Design prototyping tools
- Applicable industry related certifications are a plus.
- Required: At least Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
- DoS Facilities in Washington, DC Metro Area, or remote Telework (Remote telework may be up to 90%)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Get job alerts by email.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!