Pharmacy Technician Outpatient On Call
Under the direction of a licensed Pharmacist, may perform packaging, manipulative, repetitive, and other non-discretionary tasks, including removing drugs from stock; counting, pouring, or mixing pharmaceuticals; placing product into a container; affixing label(s) onto container; packaging and repackaging.
- Performs packaging, manipulative, repetitive, and other non-discretionary tasks.
- Removes drugs from stock.
- Counts, pours and mixes pharmaceuticals.
- Places products in container and affixes labels onto containers.
- Performs packaging and repackaging tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy Technician License (California)
Must be able to either type 30 WPM or 6,000 KPH.
- Requires successful completion of the Outpatient Pharmacy Technician qualifying exam.
- Candidate must complete the Kaiser Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Training Program and pass the test no later than 60 days after start date.
- Working knowledge of current drug forms, dosage strengths, and generic & trade name, and traditional equivalents.
- Knowledge of Federal & State laws/regulations regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmaceutical information.
- Must possess verbal and written English-speaking communication skills.
- Ability to learn and operate pharmacy computer system and other equipment.
- Must be able to learn and operate pharmacy computer system and other equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time with frequent bending/stooping/lifting or reaching.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- 3 years experience preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Redwood City,Redwood City Cypress Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Pharmacy
Department : Redwood City Cypress MOB - O/P Pharmacy 1st Floor-A/Main - 0208
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.