Hire Desk Controller
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: Colten Care
Are you the type of person who enjoys regularly interacting with customers, offering support with enquires and seamlessly converting them in to sales? If so this could be the role for you. We’re looking for Hire Controllers with great customer service skills who thrive in a busy operational environment to join our team and help us to deliver our customer promise - to delight every customer, every time.
In the role of Hire Controller you'll be responsible for delivering a best-in-class service whilst using product knowledge and expertise to maximise upselling opportunities. Your days will be spent communicating with customers on the telephone, via email and responding to website requests. You’ll manage an order from enquiry to post-hire feedback, taking ownership of the customer journey and building relationships with regular customers. You’ll enjoy thinking on your feet and using your initiative to ensure we deliver the very best experience for our customers and that we continue to improve our service.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for individuals from a customer service environment, ideally with industry experience, who would like to see and feel the impact of their work in a hands-on, highly operational, service-focused business.
What can we offer you in return? You’ll be joining a highly successful FTSE100 company, the UK’s largest equipment rental provider. We provide an Industry leading flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance, retail discount scheme, employee recognition awards and a great Company pension scheme.
If you join the team we’ll provide you with everything you need and ensure you are equipped for success. We’ll talk to you about your training and personal development needs and what you’d like to do to further your career and support your future aspirations.
To succeed as a Hire Controller you will bring the following skill-set and behaviours:
- Proven experience in a Customer Service role, preferably handling in-bound order/sales enquiries where you have used your skills and experience to successful complete transactions and satisfy customers
- Previous experience in the hire or construction industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in developing and utilising product knowledge, eager to understand our product range and the wider Sunbelt business
- Exceptional communication skills including negotiating and influencing. You’ll have the ability to engage and build relationships with both internal and external customers
- Comfortable using your own judgment and initiative to make decisions in line with our company policies and pricing structures
- An effective team member with a highly supportive, collaborative approach
- A flexible and adaptable approach, you’ll enjoy a varied work day in a fast-paced operational environment where you’ll manage multiple tasks, deadlines and targets whilst maintaining high standards of accuracy
- A commitment to continuous improvement, puts forward and acts on suggestions to improve processes and service levels
- A good level of computer literacy in MS Office packages. You’ll embrace learning new IT systems and enjoy making the most of technology in your job role
Sunbelt Rentals is the leader in equipment rentals in the UK, Ireland, US and Canada - as well as specialist operations in Europe. We provide a range of solutions to every market and sector, including construction, industrial, energy, infrastructure, government and events. Our teams make the impossible possible and the unthinkable doable. Turning what if into what is.
Our people are at the heart of our values and they’re our greatest asset. We rely on you to look after our customers so in return, we take good care of you. We recognise the value and uniqueness of our team-mates and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive Sunbelt Rentals, providing equality of opportunity and a culture of fairness and respect.
Your health, safety and wellbeing is really important to us. We’re raising awareness and providing support through initiatives such as our mental health awareness campaign and first-aider programme. You’ll also be able to access a 24-7 employee assistance helpline, counselling services and financial wellbeing support.