Tokio Marine HCC
Underwriting Assistant - Reinsurance
The Tokio Marine HCC - Cyber & Professional Lines Group is seeking a self-motivated, detailed orientated Underwriting Assistant to join our Reinsurance Team.
As an Underwriting Assistant, you will learn about the ever-changing insurance industry, trends that keep our business growing, and how we underwrite to address changes in our business. In your role, you will support the Reinsurance team by meeting client needs and servicing accounts. If you are a highly motivated, quick learner and are looking to get your start in the world of underwriting, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Underwriting Support Team in our Encino, CA, office location.
Reporting to the Underwriting Support Supervisor, the Underwriting Assistant is an entry-level position supporting the Underwriting team that will perform a variety of tasks associated with the processing of new and renewal insurance policies and maintenance of agent records. This position provides underwriting support in various areas of liability, property, or special contingency coverage. The Underwriting Assistant position includes support on a wide variety of tasks, including both clerical and administrative tasks.
- Assist Underwriters daily in quoting and servicing accounts in an accurate and timely manner, within level of expertise, utilizing manuals, company policies, reference material, etc., as needed.
- Issue various certificates, as required, in a timely manner.
- Maintain diary and suspense file to ensure that all Underwriters' requests are answered within specified periods of time.
- Liaise between Underwriters and Agents by email and phone to obtain or confirm information to ensure accurate quote.
- Assist in evaluation of renewals by collecting updated application information, updated loss and premium data checking exposures, values, and rates, etc., as directed by Underwriting.
- Maintain declined and dead quote files, as directed.
- Maintain electronic departmental files and related documents.
- Review new setups and binders and checks for accuracy.
Experience & Education
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent may be considered depending on work experience.
- Relevant administrative support experience is a plus.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Process driven.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept and accurate data entry skills.
- Possess and have the ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures.
Schedule: Hybrid – two days a week (Encino Office)
California Residents Only
For candidates working in person or remotely in Encino, CA, the reasonable pay range for this specific position is $24.87 - $34.18 per hour. ”The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the Company. The Company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of color, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local pay equity laws. The salary range is the range THMCC, in good faith, believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future, and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Even within the pay range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market and business considerations.”
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.