Office Representative - Family Medicine Center - Full Time (1.06)
Mohawk Valley Health Systems
Req Id 82302
Department FAMILY MEDICINE CENT
Shift Hours Worked 8.00
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Under the general direction of the Practice Manager and the direct supervision of the Site Manager, provides scheduling, registration, and general clerical support to the St. Elizabeth Medical Practice.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Proficiently utilizes all organizational Information Systems, such as AS400, Central Scheduling, Medifax, Credit Card Machines, Insurance Web sites, etc
- Registers patients presenting for care; demonstrates competent knowledge of each registration screen
- Demonstrates appropriate utilization of Medicare questionnaire and completeness in the system
- Verifies the cause of injury for no-fault and worker’s compensation visits; follows set work instructions
- Proficiently collects all pertinent data for each account to generate accurate billing
- Verifies insurance ID cards and eligibility at each Registration date
- Collects patient’s payments
- Proficient in Copay collection procedures, including payment methods and documentation; appropriately complete receipt for payment
- Posts payments to correct account in a timely basis
- Pre-register scheduled patients as requested.
- Accurately follows all daily cash procedures and policies (ODCL)
- Schedules patient appointments to coincide with Provider hours and scheduling guidelines; accurate knowledge of provider work schedules
- Accurately obtains patient information for scheduling system
- Accurately completes patient appointment cards
- Maintains accurate and current Referral processes
Required: High School graduate or equivalent and 2-3 years experience in a medical office; Medical coding medical terminology, clerical experience, and computer knowledge required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.