Registered Nurse (RN) PRN III – Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Texas Health Resources
Registered Nurse (RN) PRN III - Night Shift– Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for Texas Health Denton
Work location: Texas Health Denton, 207 N. Bonnie Brae Street, Denton, TX 76201
Work hours: PRN Level III/per diem, Night Shift 7pm- 7 am; minimum requirement: 6 shift/per 6-week schedule, 2 weekend shift/per 6-week schedule, 1 major/2 minor holiday requirement
ICU Department highlights:
- Our Intensive Care Unit RN's provide care to patients that require close monitoring and frequent assessments that proactively manage life-threating/emergent situations.
- 19 bed ICU unit - Surgical, Medical, Cardio, Open Hearts, Vents, COVID, Vascular, CRRT
- Our team is like a family and work together like no other to provide compassionate care to our patients.
- Excellent opportunities for educational and career growth including advancement opportunities in leadership.
- Self-Scheduling for our ICU Unit
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Here’s What You Need
- Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN preferred
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 months preferred.
- ACLS – within 90 days of hire
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training – within 60 days of hire
- 1-year experience as a clinical nurse required.
- 1 year ICU experience preferred.
- NIHSS – within 90 days of hire
What You Will Do
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
- Assesses the patient
- Plans the care of the patient
- Intervenes as appropriate
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
- Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
- Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
- Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
- Benefits for PRN employees include 401k, Employee Assistance Program EAP and Tobacco Cessation program.
- Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
- Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to [email protected]