Job Title: Sales Product Specialist
Reports to: Sales Managers/Assistant Sales Managers/General Sales Manager/General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: None
Position Description: This position sells automobiles by understanding and demonstrating characteristics, capabilities, and features; developing and qualifying buyers; closing sales, and follows up with customers Must present a professional appearance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Understands automobiles by studying characteristics, capabilities, and features; comparing and contrasting competitive models; inspecting automobiles.
- Develops buyers by maintaining rapport with previous customers; suggesting trade-ins; meeting prospects at community activities; greeting drop-ins; responding to inquiries; recommending sales campaigns and promotions.
- Qualifies buyers by understanding buyer's requirements and interests; matching requirements and interests to various models; building rapport.
- Demonstrates automobiles by explaining characteristics, capabilities, and features; taking drives; explaining warranties and services.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections; asking for sales; negotiating price; completing sales or purchase contracts; explaining provisions; explaining and offering warranties, services, and financing; collects payment; delivers automobile.
- Provides sales management information by completing reports.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances dealership reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Make follow up phone calls to customers to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Discuss during customer follow up calls the importance of responding to CSI surveys.
- Bring all customer concerns and complaints to the attention of the Sales Managers.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, processes, etc.
- Answer inbound Sales phone calls throughout the day & redirects them if necessary.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Must use all company data bases and software according to company trained process and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Possess understanding and knowledge of equity and values, automobile depreciation, and local, state and federal laws that guide automobile industry.
Must be excellent at communicating information to visitors and inquirers.
Possess good dress sense that portrays neat and smart personality.
Must be able to sell minimum quota according to dealership standards.
Must be aggressive in selling; and possess a positive attitude.
Must be able to work extended hours, evenings, holidays and weekends.
Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance are required.
Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass an MVR and background check.
Must have a valid California Sales License.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, potential and current clients, Ability to read, analyze and interpret written and verbal instructions in the English Language, with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including writing grammatically correct emails and text messages in the English Language, with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers in the English Language, with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Basic knowledge of County, State, City and Federal sales tax laws. Mathematical skills will be regularly required 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day. Ability to calculate ETA (estimated time of arrival) of product by giving time frame in date and clock time format.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. The above reasoning abilities will be regularly required 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear in person and via phone with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand as needed with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day (at desk, or while driving) in an office and car lot environment. Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions. May require walking primarily on a level and unlevel surfaces for periodic periods throughout the day with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day.
The employee must have excellent keyboarding skills. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc. with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office and car lot work environment. The noise level in these work environments is usually moderate to high. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, and outside weather environment, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment such as, computers, phones, fax and scan machines. May require walking primarily on an unleveled surface for periodic periods throughout the day with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the job description does not constitute a written, or implied contract for employment. Martin Automotive Group/Glendora Chevrolet reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Martin Automotive Group/Glendora Chevrolet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Approved By: ____________________________ Date: _____________________
Reviewed By: Employee & Manager:
Name / Position