Property Manager I Arvada, CO
Avenue5 Residential, LLC
Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of a property manager to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Property Manager Role
We’re looking for a talented property manager who will be responsible for the overall operations of the property. This includes ensuring efficient operations, overseeing supplier contracts, maintenance, lease administration, and monthly reporting. The property manager also creates a positive experience for the residents, associates, and clients.
Property Manager Responsibilities and Objectives
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the property including resident satisfaction and retention, full resident lifecycle activities (e.g., lease administration, rent collection and delinquency management), property P&L, and property marketing in accordance with company standards.
- Responsible for meeting client expectations and providing an excellent customer service experience.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, corrective feedback and hiring.
- Create a climate in which associates want to do their best by leading and communicating a shared vision with associates and providing coaching and development.
- Responsible for executing the strategic marketing plan to attract and retain residents.
- Understand the operations guidelines established within the property management agreement.
- Respond to resident complaints and issues and serves as liaison to residents and corporate office regarding the administration of common area maintenance and the enforcement of landlord rules and regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Organize and implement site natural disaster and emergency evacuation plans.
- Manage the property and associate safety records, property loss claims, and risk management initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in property management is required.
- One to two years of direct management experience is required.
- Knowledge of resident rental lifecycle activities is required.
- Real estate license is preferred or may be required in some locations.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Prior experience in Yardi Voyager or another equivalent system is preferred.
Skills and Requirements
- Very strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate with all levels of management.
- Intermediate level knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to relay technical concerns with adequate detail, quickly and accurately.
- Capability to read, write, comprehend, and converse in English.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to others.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and current auto insurance is required.
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days of employment.
- Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working overtime, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- May be required to be on-call and aid during staffing deficiencies on-site.
- Ability to travel (10-15%).
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk around the property several times daily, up to 10 miles a day.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times daily.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.