Associate Nurse Manager (CICU)
Date: 4 days ago
City: Wilmington, DE
Contract type: Full time
- The associate nurse manager (ANM) position is responsible for collaborating with the nurse manager (NM) in all aspects of operational and administrative support of nursing associates and expanding nursing leadership presence in the practice area. Responsibilities in partnership with the NM, include planning, development and utilization of human and material resources to meet departmental needs. The ANM role includes people management, performance management, on-boarding of new associates, and influencing the professional development of team members through Nursing Advancement @ Nemours ([email protected]). The ANM demonstrates a commitment to leading in adherence with the principles of the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Magnet model, exemplifying the transformational nursing leadership component of this model.
- The ANM is responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement and identifying opportunities to improve services, consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation. The ANM will ensure evidence-based care delivery and benchmarked quality patient service and outcomes. The ANM will serve as a resource and role model to optimize front line leadership for the patient care team.
- The ANM assists in systematically evaluating the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- The ANM provides daily clinical and operational supervision in partnership with the Nurse Manager.
- The ANM demonstrates knowledge of current professional practice standards, laws, and regulations that affect the care of children and families.
- The ANM contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and other health care providers.
- The ANM works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to coordinate the management of patient care
- The ANM contributes to nursing and pediatric health care through the application of evidence-based practice.
- The ANM adheres to budgetary plans.
- The ANM assists the Nurse Manager in providing a professional work environment.
- The ANM provides and supervises care guided by the Professional Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- BSN required
- Licensed Registered Nurse, DE.
- Nursing specialty certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' experience required